Ebay postage rate on SMALL satchel

i just packaged two parcels - each in a SMALL satchel (prev 500 gram) - using the Ebay postage system.

One was to Kew Vic and cost $8.65, the other was to country NSW and cost $8.95.

Why the difference?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Ebay postage rate on SMALL satchel

I've never paid anything other than the flat fee of $9.20 (or whatever the small discount is as I buy mine in bulk packs of 10), and just post them out as I sell stuff. Makes no difference where they end up being sent to.
Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

If you buy/print your own labels the price changes depending on the recipients location, cheaper for major city, more expensive for rural. You're basically just paying the highest price (rural) every time.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Exactly, letter mail is flowing nicely due to the lack of it with businesses on 'holiday' and the letter sorting machines just ticking over and despite the change to rolling second day deliveries, still way faster than parcels.
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

I think the latest pricing regime is getting better and streamlined to reduce the number of rate tables. I think the time will come when a compromise of single flat rate to anywhere will happen.

With the huge increase in volume, same city and inter city rates will compensate for the added cost of regional and rural delivery.

COVID will bring massive business changes and volume will drive costs down across the board.
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

I am also in country NSW. A few weeks back I posted a parcel to my own town. It was $8.95. I posted a parcel to Sydney and it was $8.65. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Totally agree tippy, I am in Victoria and posted one item to NSW $8.95 and another to WA for $8.65

Feels like a lucky dip to me.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply