Ebay protecting sellers...again

comcol
Community Member

So a buyer purchases a computer and out of the blue leaves a negative (my only one in years) stating postage was slow and system unprofessionally built.
I won't even go into the BS about the build when all I have had is buyers saying the opposite to that for 12 years.
The issue is he left feedback about a third party, delivery service, which the online tracking proves he is lying.
Item was sent within 24 hrs and delivered on time.
Ebay response? Tough luck.
Even though their own policies do not allow false feedback to be left regarding third parties.
Added to this the buyer calls me and says he will remove feedback if I refund half the price of the system ($700)
Should I point out the guy has left 35-40 negatives to other sellers in the last year?

Thanks Ebay for your amazing professionalism and protection of sellers.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would ring eBay back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Get them to look at the buyers long history of leaving negs. Then get them to check the tracking number and delivery estimate which will show the item was posted and arrived in time. If it didn't, you'd have got a postage defect for it, which you didn't get. If you get no luck from that person, call again and try someone else. 

If you have no luck, reply to the feedback and put the buyers username in it. For example "<username> has a long history of leaving negative feedback". That way others can check for themselves. If you don't put a username, no-one can see who they are.

Edit: You've already replied. Big mistake. It's much harder to get feedback removed if you've replied. You can try, but I don't like your chances now. You would have been far better remaining professional and stating it was posted within 24 hours and arrived before the estimate date.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@comcol wrote:

Added to this the buyer calls me and says he will remove feedback if I refund half the price of the system ($700)
Should I point out the guy has left 35-40 negatives to other sellers in the last year?

Thanks Ebay for your amazing professionalism and protection of sellers.

I'd try to get them to say that in an eBay message - it's outright feedback extortion. Just tell them (in a message) something like you need to verify the terms of their offer to revise feedback and see if / how they respond. If you get what you need (a statement indicating they will revise FB for a refund they have 0 entitlement to), you have a better shot at getting eBay to review the FB for possible removal.

Also, I'm not really sure why so many people say it's harder to get a neg removed if the seller has replied to it. I've had 4 negs removed, every single one that I actually asked to be removed (perhaps surprisingly), and 3 of the 4 I had responded to. I never had one argument or problem with eBay because of my replies. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Please add them to your following list,(so sellers can add them to their special list).

There has been some success in getting some members NARU'd due to leaving too many negative

feedback scores,(if they are NARU'd then all their feedback is removed).

Reports from different members can do the trick,good.gif

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Digi, I think there has been a bit of a misunderstanding about the removal of negative feedback that has been replied to.

Some time ago ebay used to happily remove the original feedback but leave the replies, which in many cases made the seller look a bit stupid and very rude when the reply was a kneejerk reaction instead of being well thought out.

As far as I am concerned I used to advise the seller to ask for the feedback to be removed before leaving a reply rather than risk the reply being left there.  Over time the advice seems to have changed to there being a problem having the feedback removed BECAUSE of the replies, which was not really the case.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay refuses to remove the feedback even though they stated he lied about the delivery.
They stated because he said the system was unprofessionally built that he is entitled to his opinion and as such they wont remove it.
As only half his feedback is false they will not remove. So says Ebay.

I expected these non actions from Ebay. Whats new.

Replying to feedback has nothing to do with it being removed or not though.

I knew this guy was up to something before selling when he was messaging. My fault for not blocking when I became suspicious.

All we can do is void his warranty on the system.

There REALLY needs to be a system where sellers can leave negatives. It is just opening up the door for blackmail and people who just flood negatives across the site.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz: AM not sure what you are asking sorry?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@comcol wrote:

go-tazz: AM not sure what you are asking sorry?

Sorry,but as you follow members I presumed you knew how to add them to your following list.

To follow a member you just click on their name and it will have a green box come up under their name that

says Follow.

Just click on that to add them to your following list.

Others can see your following list and will be able to pinpoint who the neg leaver is and add them to their

blocked bidders list.

Also some members have been able to get serial neg leavers NARU'd at times,(Not A Registered User).

It's different when you do it from the discussion boards as you have to click on the members feedback

first and then their name,(it's how I added you to my following list).

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

You need to be careful if you are going to void his warranty....if you are a registered business with an ABN he can go to Fair Trading.

It might make things very nasty for you and you already know how nasty he is.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Oh adding to following list is not a problem I just didn't understand why. Have done so now.

Not an issue with Fair Trading as he has placed defaming (false) feedback in a public arena which is illegal.

Cheers

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply