Ebay removes all negetive feedback for some sellers?

Been watching a few sellers feedback for a while now. I do not know how they do it but all negative feedback just disappears. The revised feedback count never changes, so they are not mutual buyer/selling feedback removal

One seller in particular maintains about 99.8% positive. They have had well over 100 negatives disappear in the last year. More than 2 each week. Their true rating should be about 70% and removed from selling on ebay. They also get away with posting their contact information

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Ebay removes all negetive feedback for some sellers?

I have also just seen exactly the same behaviour with Ebay removing all neg feedback for a seller taking his rating from 94% straight back to 100%. The feedback comments removed were all compliant with Ebay's guidelines for feedback.

Another interesting figure to consider with this particular seller is that there is also a sudden increase (greater than 30%)  in the total number of positive feedback received by this seller within a few hours of the neg removals.  It is possible that the seller may have just had a  'Good Sales Day' with sales seeing a 30% increase. However the timing of this feed back all appearing within a cpl of hours is very suspicious.  No figures have changed in the last hour so it will be interesting to see just how many (if any) more positives appear over the next day or so. If he has just seen a 'good day in sales' the feedback numbers should keep increasing in coming days as the items are delivered. Also taking into consideration the number of buyers who do not leave feedback nowadays that 'Good Sales Day' would actually have to have a real figure increase of around 50% or more in sales.

Rhetorical Question:

Is Ebay being reasonably open & transparent with it's members or is Ebay manipulating the online buying platform?

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

There are quite a few things that cannot be mentioned in feedback and that may lead to a seller being able to have some removed.

But I can recall a thread quite a while back. Forget exactly when, but well over a year ago I think, where a person actually took screenshots of neg feedback for a particular seller and we could see it was gone soon afterwards. Most of the feedback that was deleted didn't fall under the umbrella of 'inappropriate' and didn't break any ebay rules. Why it was removed is a total mystery.

From memory, the seller was a big seller. Maybe they have clout the small to medium sellers do not.

It shouldn't happen and I don't think it does happen for the majority of sellers, but I do suspect there are a favoured few out there who may be able to get most of their negs removed.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

I have also just seen exactly the same behaviour with Ebay removing all neg feedback for a seller taking his rating from 94% straight back to 100%. The feedback comments removed were all compliant with Ebay's guidelines for feedback.

I was under the impression that feedback no longer had an effect on the % ratings of sellers

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Negs do, Kat.     Neutrals don't

Stars have no effect either.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

@committed_hoarder

sorry for the misinformation

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Feedback percentage no longer affects a seller's ability to sell. There are other metrics eBay uses to keep sellers in line these days.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

I’ve seen this quite a few times too, and also the comments were succinct and reasonable and in line with rules. It happened to me where something arrived damaged and the seller was a nightmare and refused to pay return shipping (shipping would cost me more than the item and PayPal weren’t doing refunded returns at the time).

I reached out to ebay and asked why it was removed and they were shadey saying the seller proved there was no damage (somehow?). Ebay didnt reach out to me for my side, just sided with the seller because ultimately it serves both the seller and ebays interests to have only positive feedback.

I have since boycotted feedback and never leave it unless the seller blows my socks off with an exceptional experience (ie immediate express delivery, above and beyond service etc)

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

I tried to just get one Neg removed that was a complete lie. They removed the comment, left the neg feedback as just blank. We are def not all treated equal, and it also depends who you end up talking to on the other end.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

4channel, thoughts on 500 character limit for feedback?

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Are you a glutton for punishment?

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply