Ebay sales dropped dramatically 60% in the last month

Hi everyone,

been a seller now on eBay for 10years. Never had this happened before my selling has dropped 60% in the last month. Has anyone else experiencing this.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

That does not sound good and considering all the lockdowns at the moment i am unsure where things will be headed over the next few weeks. I am lucky as I still have enough items to list to keep me going for sometime but I am having to just guess at which items to list to keep sales moving.

Message 11 of 73
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

That does not sound good and considering all the lockdowns at the moment i am unsure where things will be headed over the next few weeks. I am lucky as I still have enough items to list to keep me going for sometime but I am having to just guess at which items to list to keep sales moving.

I read a concerning article from the Financial Review a few nights ago. ( Subscription only so I cant post a link sorry ) It outlined ebay's  Australian sales performance for the calendar year ending Dec. 2020 including 9 months of global Covid.  ( and ensuing dramatic rise in online traffic / sales ) The big river achieved an increase in Australian sales of around 80%, the "E" craft site was up around 65% and ebay Australia ????

Sales up 2.8%  on the previous calendar year . ( Global ebay sales where up around 30% for the same period ) Somethings going on !

Message 12 of 73
Latest reply

I would believe it but it most likely does not mention a shift in what products may be selling. I have had a few items sell recently that had been up for sale for a few years.  I used to sell Lego and just last week was going through some of the prices and have been surprised by how much they have increased in the last year. Some by more than 100%.

Message 13 of 73
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Sales up 2.8%  on the previous calendar year . ( Global ebay sales where up around 30% for the same period ) Somethings going on !

A few too many "improvements to enhance buyers and sellers experiences" perhaps Chamo ?

As a buyer only (so far) I used to have upwards of 100 items in my watchlist, now I usually have under 20 and of those very few would be items I intend buying anytime soon.

The changes that eBay continues to make to things that aren't broken, while those that aren't working are left as they are infuriates me ("saved sellers" is the latest fiasco) . If they would only take stock of themselves, perhaps by reading the forums and seeing where things are actually failing, they would be able to turn around their buyers and sellers dissatisfaction with the platform.

I've also noticed that a fair few of my saved sellers have pulled out completely since the Managed Payments has been implemented, and certainly numbers of items listed are down in most categories in my "saved searches".............hmmm..........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 73
Latest reply

There appears a general feel here that smaller 'mum & dad' sellers are packing up and leaving and as they represent less value to eBay, astalavista...  we'll claw back revenue from the mid tier sellers and yes, we are now paying extra 1.1% in fees since MP.   eBay pursuing more a 'Big River' platform maybe ?

Message 15 of 73
Latest reply

I have to say, I've just had my best month ever. I sell collectables, and sometimes I don't sell anything for weeks. The last 2 weeks, I have sold over 50 items. I don't know what's going on, and I don't expect it to last, but I've had a great time! Daily visits to the PO, instead of monthly.

Spoiler
If only I could get My Post Business to give me the option of satchels to post, instead of only showing Own Packaging, which over 500g, makes it quite expensive, especially when the box could easily fit into a small satchel for $9.50.
Message 16 of 73
Latest reply

Own packaging is the default, but it should be a dropdown, with satchel/box options available from that.

Message 17 of 73
Latest reply

I have looked everywhere, and nothing! I have some parcels to do this afternoon, I'll try again. The last few over 500g parcels I needed to post, I took to the PO and bought a satchel, or it was going to charge me something like $15, instead of $9.50 for a small satchel.

Message 18 of 73
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

I have looked everywhere, and nothing! I have some parcels to do this afternoon, I'll try again. The last few over 500g parcels I needed to post, I took to the PO and bought a satchel, or it was going to charge me something like $15, instead of $9.50 for a small satchel.

Just went into AP, and only option was for own packaging. Only dropdown was to select if it was dangerous goods or not. Might have to use eBay labels, which I'm not that keen on doing. At least I have the option to choose there.

Message 19 of 73
Latest reply

Untitled.jpg

Message 20 of 73
Latest reply