Ebay store owners that also run a shopify store

Hi guys and ladies,

Is after a bit of help or a point to the right direction.   Is a ebay owner and a shopify store owner.   What we are trying to do is link the 2 together via shopify.   We have worked out how to use the ebay plug in etc.    But how does one get the shopify template listing to show on ebay.    Eg the shopify website site version of a listing and NOT the plain text listing that the plugin want to set up.   For the life of us we can not work out to link the two together.    We are also aware the changes and listings have to done via shopify and NOT ebay so we can not just play with the HTML feature on ebay or it kills the link on the listing  

Any pointers would be welcome as we know it can be done by looking around at other ebay listings that are also shopify stores. 

Cheers 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay store owners that also run a shopify store

You'd probably need to pay for a plugin using a third party or build your own using the ebay API https://developer.ebay.com/
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The plugin is already set up as shopify and ebay have there own plug in set up in the back end of shopify has ebay and shopify talking to each other etc.   Just can not see where in the plug in on the shopifty side to get a shopify template to ebay.   Can drag html the other way ebay to shopify.  but not shopify to ebay  

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I'm not sure if I will be much help, but I have the ebay app from my word press website. The web designer put the plug in for me, but I had to activate it myself. This was done on the website side, where you have to put in an activation key to verify.

Once this was done, I could then transfer, but again, you have to make sure you have all the specifics correct for ebay to transfer the listing, colour, size, postage, etc etc, otherwise it will fail.

Once transferred, then I have to remove "Active Content" on my listings on ebay.

I am sure Shopify would have tech support to talk you through it, or where you purchased the app from. I had problems on another platform, as listing would not connect from the site to the other. Tech support walked me through it, and I finally got it working.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Talk to shopify?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

Talk to shopify?

lol IT an ebay desgined and programmed plug in ( which explains why it will not play nice)     Ebay own the plug in shopify do not own it so they would of no help.   I think I have worked out a way around it and that code the HTML into the shopity product description and get it to pull it that way.   

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply