Ebay to start validating addresses - About time but kudos for catching up with 2010 tech

Seriously, why did it take so long for something so simple?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ebay to start validating addresses - About time but kudos for catching up with 2010 tech

@p9games wrote:

Seriously, why did it take so long for something so simple?

Link ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

We're Validating Addresses for Seamless Delivery on eBay Hyperlink.

Presumably eBay has got tired of sewing raw edges.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

SNAP!

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Well, I think the whole thing will be ridiculous. I already have problems because computers need the information to be EXACTLY correct in a manner that is just plain stupid. For example, I live in a Crescent which one end of the Crescent says Cr and the other end says Cres. I don't like abbreviations coming from an era when we weren't allowed to use them, so I use Crescent. Australia Post does not recognize this, but insists it must be "Cres" whereas other places won't recognize "Cres" but insist it be "Cr" then some insist it be "Ct" which is actually the abbreviation for "Court"  Then I have the problem with phone numbers, my landline phone is "invalid" according to a lot of sites. There must be some law out there that says everyone (every sheep) must have a mobile phone and that landlines no longer exist. I couldn't join Facebook because I do not know how to text. There must be some law about this also, although I cannot find it.

Common sense has gone out of the window with computers checking everything and only being as intelligent as the people who program them, need I say more. How many times have I seen words like tomorrow spelt as to morrow because that is how the computer sees it. How I long for the good old days when common sense prevailed and things were run and checked by humans and not machines. I guess if this latest one causes me problems, I will be tempted to head for the hills and get away from society altogether.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Common sense certainly isn't very common these days

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Common sense certainly isn't very common these days

Neither is literacy as evinced on these boards now and again.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

We should        all talk      like      Christopher Walken     That would        be     better          to read       and will not      require       any        punctuation        

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I share your pain.

I never thought I'd be shouting at the radio/TV as my father did, but when I hear of, eg, the missals being launched I just can't help the involuntary roar. Don't these peanuts realise that although you can use a missal as a missile the reverse would be suicidal?
Of course if one did try taking a missile into church it would no longer result in a lesson but a learning.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply