Ebay violating their own terms of service

Ebay clearly state that if an item is pick up only and the buyer sends their own courier, that this voids their Money Back Guarantee.  

So the buyer arranged her own pick up courier for my pick up only item, claims item not as described when she receives it (which is untrue anyway but it doesn't seem that the truth makes any difference with ebay these days) and Ebay rule in her favour, issue her a full refund, take it out of my account and I still don't have the item back since I didn't accept the return (the MBG being void and all).  I have appealed with all my evidence but Ebay have done their dash with me.  I've been on Ebay for nearly 20 years, have 100% feedback and I'm just a casual seller/buyer, however I will be closing down my account once this is sorted out.  This transaction has been a pain from start to finish and Ebay  have made it exponentially worse by their NOT being able to be contacted, and not even reviewing the messages in the transaction otherwise they would have figured it out.  The bots just decide for you and hope you suck it up.   

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@countrygirldoggy wrote:

The bots just decide for you and hope you suck it up. 

Did you ask at any stage to be connected to a supervisor during the chat session ?

I suspect not, otherwise you would have been able to show them that if a buyer uses their own courier, then the MBG doesn't apply for an INAD dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

What chat session?   I can't call anyone, I can't get on a chat session with anyone.  

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Was it business hours when you tried?

eBay Help at the top of any page and scroll down

You will need a supervisor as base level CS just read from pre-written scripts and will tell you 'they can't do anything' because that is what the generic script tells them to say

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@countrygirldoggy wrote:

What chat session?   I can't call anyone, I can't get on a chat session with anyone.  

Use the link below and scroll to the bottom for contact options.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appeal-outcome-case-seller?id=4369

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Is it the sewing machine buyer again?

Hope you kept all the messages.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I'd persist and get onto ebay chat, which isn't really chat, it is typing but at least it is in real time. Ask for a supervisor if you aren't getting any satisfaction.

There is a possibility that ebay may refund you the money if they see you are right about the void to the MBG. But if they do, it will be coming out of their funds and basically, the buyer gets the machine and the money. Win, win for them!

For the future, with bigger items, insist on pick up or cancel the order of the buyer can't pick up. Every time we as sellers struck this business of people wanting couriers or problems with pick up, we ran into trouble. It isn't worth the hassle.

In hindsight, you probably would have been better off to have pointed out to the buyer that the extras were not included in the description of the ad or in the photos but as a gesture of good faith you had searched, found a couple of extras you didn't know you had and would post them free of charge. I know it goes against the grain to be nice to people who are pains but sometimes it is just easier in the long run to be done with them.

Good luck with your chat session.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply