Email from Paypal

I have now received two of these emails from Paypal (service@paypal.com.au) and have no idea what I am supposed to do. It says:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

<URL of a website that no longer exists>

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Now I recognise the website in question as I used to sell online there, but it has now closed down. I haven't had any items for sale there for probably at least a year, so there cannot be any IPNs being sent there. Anyone else received these emails and can tell me what I am supposed to do?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Email from Paypal

If you are referring to quicksales, it has closed down.

I received some emails last month.

There is nothing you need to do.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

Yes it is quicksales. But why has PP assumed there are still payments going to them from QS? And how many more of these emails will I get?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

I think it is just a general flagging that has come up with PayPal.

In other words the PayPal account has picked up there is a problem with the link to that account.

I received a few emails last month and haven't seen anything else since.

Yours may be a little different as you sold, I only bought on QS.

Did you have any funds being held in QS ? 

If not, I would ignore it.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

No funds being held by QS as far as I know. I will just ignore the emails then.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

I was a lister on QS.

I used the same email address there as I do here. I haven't had any Paypal flags, so maybe that is why?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

I used a different email address at QS to the one I use here, which is probably why I am getting these emails and you aren't.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

I'm still getting a daily email from Paypal about this issue. Not sure what to do..

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Email from Paypal

Perhaps give PayPal a call and explain what is occurring...?

If they tell you to ignore the emails and that everything is fine, you could set up a rule in your email browser to automatically delete emails with the particular subject heading which these emails have.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply