Eparcel changes

797_cc
Community Member

I haven't been working down in the despatch area for a while, and have noticed some changes in Australia Post charges that seem to indicate that they are phasing out the free sactchels and stickers that are provided with the eparcel service.

Prices have been lifted so they appear (correct me if I am wrong) just above the prepaid satchel rate for the same size/area rate.

It's prevalent moreso in the 1kg - 3kg rates, and it seems that the 'local/metro' rates have also risen ... but yet a random postcode out in whoop-whoop is cheaper.

What the hell is actually going? Are they trying to phase out giving the free satchels and sticker blanks?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Eparcel changes

I don't use eParcel, so I can't really provide much insight, though I would normally expect to receive advice if on a contract and prices were changing (though anecdotally I believe this doesn't always happen, so probably worth getting in touch with someone and finding out what's going on).

I do know AP are continually looking for ways to increase profits either by increasing prices, introducing new charges, or phasing out services. (eg I know from other sellers who do use eParcel that soon, the default for signature on delivery packages will actually be 'signature on delivery with authority to leave', and if you don't want your packages to have this, you have to alter your account settings - last I checked, you needed to contact AP to find out how Smiley Frustrated ). 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply