Express Post order taking longer

I have a customer that paid for express post which I sent 25/10.  She now tells me on Friday afternoon she needed them by today at the latest and that she hasn’t received the order yet. 

I sent the order express post 25/10 and tracking is just showing it’s delayed and in VIC. Tracking latest update 29/10 but nothing since. 

customer now wants a full refund even though I have fulfilled my part of the transaction. If she had of told me earlier I would have been happy to send a replacement order but it’s too late. Do I have to refund her considering I did my part? 

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Express post has no guarantee at the moment. I would definitely not offer it as an option.

One has to wonder why the customer suddenly needed it exactly today at the latest if they had not communicated this earlier. 

Do not refund her. The item is still on its way. 

Also, sending a replacement order is not a viable way to settle an issue - you would not be covered if anything happened to the second shipment and the customer would ultimately end up with double what they ordered. This option is only viable if the parcel becomes lost as you can then make a claim against Aus Post so that you are also not out of pocket.

At this point, is she asking for a refund, or has she actually opened a dispute? Are you looking on the Aus Post website at the tracking, or just on Ebay? They often show different things. 

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

I would not refund.   The way I read your post is that you had no way of knowing she needed them by today, and there was nothing you could do about it anyway.

Have you checked the Aust Post tracking site?   Sometimes it is more up to date. 

Then I would be opening a dialogue with Aust Post to see why you didn't get what you paid for.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

There is no guarantee for Express Post any more, although they say they give Express Post priority.
If I were the OP though, yes, I would ask AusPost to have a look.
@curraone wrote:

Then I would be opening a dialogue with Aust Post to see why you didn't get what you paid for.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Contact Aust Post to see if you can have it diverted back to you, the sender.

Then easy to refund, once you have it back.

Otherwise you need to wait for buyer to return it before refunding.

But you will need to provide a postage label for the return IF you want the item back.

image host
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Or tell the buyer not to accept the parcel, so it will be sent back to you at no cost for you or the buyer.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

The buyer actually contacted Australia post on Wednesday and was just told it’s delayed due to covid.  That’s the only response she is getting from them 

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

She is asking for a refund. I’ve been checking the tracking via aust post website. I’m just curious as to what eBay will say as I don’t want the bad feedback 

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Auspost stopped the express o/n guarantee in 2020 some time. It is however much faster than regular post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

You are not obliged to refund, if they open a request for refund, if you are a top rated seller you should have full protection against any INR disputes and neg feedback.

If you accept change of mind returns, you can advise the buyer to send it back for a refund, but you do not need to supply return postage unless you have free returns under your return policy.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply