Fake china sd cards

I have purchased about 25 64gb SD cards from china to resell on ebay and a buyer sent me a message telling me that the sd card he recieved was fake, so i tested a few, about 5 and only one had the full 64gb capasity the rest were fake, what should i do, should i tell ebay about the fake sd cards or stay quiet and protect the seller. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fake china sd cards

No point in telling ebay, even if they shut that particular seller down there are dozens of others selling the same cheapo fakes.

Unless it is less than 30 days since you bought them you will not be able to open a not as described dispute through ebay and Paypal would require you to send them back even if you were inside their time limit and you could get proof from a qualified source that they are fake.

If you  have already sold any I would refund the buyers with a big apology and tell them to throw them in the bin, just because you didn't know they were fake when you sold them you would still be liable in law if a buyer goes the whole way to pursue you, you should also be aware that if they are a counterfeit of a recognised brand that sometimes the rights owner will purchase things just to find out if the seller is selling fakes and can then sue for thousands of dollars.

Even a cursory look at the boards would have told you that the majority of these cards, MP3 players, data storage drives etc. are well below the stated capacity and will land you with buyer complaints, poor feedback and perhaps worse.

In future you need to do your homework a bit better if you want to re sell things on ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I hope your other suppliers are more reputable and reliable.   You have quite a few well recognised brands listed.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Its unlikely Ebay will actually do anything... But Id still report them. Maybe also report them to ACORN, or tell Ebay you are going to if they do nothing (whether or not ACORN can do anything).

Im curious though... why would you stay quiet and protect a seller who scammed you and took your money, and jeopardised your business like this?  (why would you even put protecting a criminal as an option?)

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply