Fake eBay buyer accounts out for revenge?

Hi all, I sell fashion jewellery and last night, all of a sudden I noticed that one of my popular items on eBay,  sold nearly 18 separate transactions to 15 different people (its popular but not THAT popular), almost all of the buyers from Mexico, almost all of them bought only this one item, almost all of them had their eBay accounts created yesterday and almost all of them bought within a few minutes from each other.. I'm concerned that these accounts are fake created specifically to give me negative feedback and ask for refunds once the items are sent .. here's the strange part, they all actually paid via PayPal and I received all the funds and when I escalated to eBay and PayPal they agreed it does seem suspicious but if these buyers bought and paid then I'm requested to ship out the items .. the other main issue is that my items are very cheap and I'm unable to offer tracking on them so they can very easily claim they never received ... I think it might be someone out for revenge or a competitor .. thoughts anyone?

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Fake eBay buyer accounts out for revenge?

Thanks so much digital*ghost, much obliged ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

You need to start charging for this stuff digi :-x

That's most likely the hundreth time I have copied and pasted your info

I'm thinking about sending a suggestion to eBay that they employ me as a forum mod - I don't think I'd look all that pretty in pink, but oh the things I could do with a mighty banhammer.... ]:) :^O

Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I think you are wonderful......please don't slap me ๐Ÿ˜‰

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

I have had 3 or 4 buyers in Mexico claim non receipt of items in the last several weeks. I haave removed South America from my selling list now. You just cant protect yourself with small parcels t locations like this.

Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I think you are wonderful......

Now, see if I were a mod, that would be the new featured post. :^O

Back on topic, though, I hope this works out and is quickly resolved. 

Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

:-x

Back on topic - I agree

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

Do you have your preferences set as follows:

-Haven't gone through phone verification. - Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 5 or lower.

-Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s).

-Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s).

-Have a feedback score of -1 or lower.

- Bidders who have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

I personally don't because the vast majority of buyers are good and newbies are welcome. It becomes painful for them and becomes a time waster for me trying to exempt the many genuine buyers from this block.

eBay often blocks buyers even without those preferences set and I have to exempt them manually.

Photobucket
Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

I don't post OS.... I am not even nearly prepared to deal with a dispute with a person in another country... maybe in time I will change my mind but everyone will be paying full postage with full insurance. 

Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

-->

-Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s).

-Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s).

-Have a feedback score of -1 or lower.

- Bidders who have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to

I have now updated my preferences to include the feedback score of -1 and to require phone verification for less than 5 feedback.

I had not wanted to exclude newbies from the learning experience of ebay but in view of this thread I think it definitely worth the precaution.

Message 30 of 38
Latest reply