False claims by buyer

The buyer has made false claims that I've sent him a fake item and eBay has sided with them even though I warned eBay the moment I sold the item 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

False claims by buyer

When you sold the item, what did you have to warn ebay about,  I take it it  was the rolex that has had your FB removed.  Plenty of fakes out there.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

@stevekrotiris77 wrote:

The buyer has made false claims that I've sent him a fake item and eBay has sided with them even though I warned eBay the moment I sold the item 

LOL,  so you warned Ebay that it was a fake as soon as you sold it.   Why would you be warning them otherwise.

You mention it has verification of authentic,  who did that for you?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

@stevekrotiris77 wrote:

What did you warn ebay about?

If you felt the buyer was going to give you trouble, if you were being eg bombarded with anxious messages, you may have been better to cancel the sale and refund rather than post the item.

All you can do now is send the buyer a return postage label and hope they send your watch back and not a substitute.

You only have 10 feedback and only one of those is for you as a seller so you look very new to selling. Some buyers will take advantage of that. Others will be worried because you have no track record.

From what I can see, you seem to be setting up as a watch seller just lately. From a buyer's point of view, I would be worried these might not be all your own personal watches. They may be, of course. But if you are buying and onselling, then you'd need to be very sure of their authenticity.

You say in your ad that you have verification of authenticity. Do you mean a certificate? If you have that, why on earth was it not included in the photos?

Until you build up a bit of a positive sales history, I think you should steer clear of selling stuff that is so expensive. Try to keep under the $1000 mark for a while.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

My FB was never removed and it wasn't a fake it was legitimate but now the buyer is saying it's a fake so I lose my original watch and he gets to keep his money 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

@stevekrotiris77 wrote:

My FB was never removed and it wasn't a fake it was legitimate but now the buyer is saying it's a fake so I lose my original watch and he gets to keep his money 

Yes, it was removed.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

It most certainly was

You are not allowed to leave false positives

You might not know your feedback is can been seen by the general public

So we can all see whatever you said was removed by eBay

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

@stevekrotiris77 wrote:

You still havent told us why you warned Ebay the moment the item was sold.   in many many  1000's of sales I havent felt a need to warn Ebay that I thought a seller would claim it was fake as soon as they purchased an item.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

I suspect if it was a genuine Rolex, it would be worth a tad more than 2 grand, even as a used item. Your very comprehensive description of the item was absolutely amazing, so not sure why ebay found against you. Like, that one whole sentence completely blew my mind. It told me absolutely everything I needed to know about that watch (NOT). 

Yes, losing the money, and the item really burns, especially when that amount is involved. You can keep fighting ebay, but not sure it will work. Some have had success, so don't give up.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

False claims by buyer

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

I suspect if it was a genuine Rolex, it would be worth a tad more than 2 grand, even as a used item. Your very comprehensive description of the item was absolutely amazing, so not sure why ebay found against you. Like, that one whole sentence completely blew my mind. It told me absolutely everything I needed to know about that watch (NOT). 

Yes, losing the money, and the item really burns, especially when that amount is involved. You can keep fighting ebay, but not sure it will work. Some have had success, so don't give up.

But it had a ''verification of authentic'',  which the seller still hasnt explained where they got the certificate from,   most likely dodgy Joe at some market someplace.  So of course it is authentic.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply