Fed Up - Non paying buyers!

ki55ma
Community Member

Seriously sick to death of sellers NOT having the ability to at least leave neutral feedback for buyers that don't pay for items and do not communicate. 
Twice in less then a month I have had to do unpaid item cases, the first buyer just ignored it completely. Second buyer I am still awaiting a response. 

AND I have to wait 4 days to lodge the unpaid item case, then another 4 days awaiting a response from buyer  that usually doesn't come. Buyers need to start being held accountable for not paying for items, the current protocols buyers just treat like a joke and eBay doesn't care in the slightest as we the sellers still get slugged for wasting our time and fees with relisting etc. 
Ebay doesn't seem to care about sellers who not only pay the substantial fees but also spend considerable time photographing, describing and listing items. 

I don't see the current protocols by eBay supporting the hard work and financial costs that sellers put in. 

Buyers need to start receiving feedback that they deserve, so that other sellers can block them from bidding if required. 

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Fed Up - Non paying buyers!

Totally agree. I state in my description that if payment is not recieved within 4 days of auction ending a non payment claim will be raised automatically - ive set this up as well as set my buyer requirements so buyers who have unpaid strikes are no longer able to bid on my items - its dramatically cut down my list of non paying buyers to 1 out of 20. I guess thats alot better than having multiple timewasters 🙂
Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Ebay allow an hour after a purchase to be cancelled without any repercussions to the buyer

Are you sure that's still an option eezi? I know it was for a while but I seem to remember that eBay rescinded it after a short time.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

You're probably correct padi I just thought that it was still allowed.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Some non payers I noticed are new Ebay account holders that are trying to examine listings out of curosity but accidently click on the buy it now button hoping for more detail and not realising they had just bidded on an item.  Its annoying as they are Greenhorns to Ebay and have aboslutely no idea what they are doing. 

I just had a guy bid on my ride on mower this afternoon.  Thinking he was a local guy I looked up his details and discovered hes in Western Australia while I am in Victoria.  There's abosuletly no hope hes going to come and collect his purchase.  He proberly doesn't even realise hes bought anything.  Looking up his membership and ratings shows he just sign in this May 2020 a real rookie.  And he has 0 ratings still definately a greenhorn just trampling around on Ebay ruining other peoples listings.   

Sometimes they are simply too embrassed to admit they made a mistake and cancel their unwanted bid leaving you to go through all the issues and time of opening an UNPAID ITEM CASE  against them running the period and then closing it.  They usually never respond to messages or emails as they like said are too embrassed they screwed up somebody's listing. 

Do it this way message them and ask if they are serious about the purchase or not if not cancel it immediately if you made a mistake.   Send both through Ebay messages and through their email if they have phone number text them as well.  Give them 4 days to respond if they don't open UPI case against them leave for another 2 days then relist without waiting to close the case. 

Block that buyer at the same time in your blocked bidders list otherwise he may do it to you all over again.  I know they are greenhorns and just exploring  around on Ebay , but it shouldn't be at your expense disrupting your listings and taking them out of view of genuine buyers.  We don't need such clowns on Ebay tough but you have to look after your own interests.  

Ron.  

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

I'm sure that in the last THREE years, the OP has resolved, or at least reconciled themselves to, the issue.

And that the solutions offered THREE years ago would still work.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@rt777shyman wrote:

I just had a guy bid on my ride on mower this afternoon.  Thinking he was a local guy I looked up his details and discovered hes in Western Australia while I am in Victoria.  There's abosuletly no hope hes going to come and collect his purchase.

You could always try meeting halfway...it is a ride-on, after all.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

>> You could always try meeting halfway...it is a ride-on, after all

There's a section on the Nullabor that is 192 km of dead straight road. Setup the ride-on, sit back with a refreshing drink and let the mower take you to the buyer...

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

That's all well and good if you don't play golf.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply