Federal budget and Ebay new charges on postage shrinking business confidence

Federal Budget   and Ebay change is post has resulted in a 40% fall in our Ebay Business

we find that buyers who want to buy more than one item being turned off, and the incredible rates brought up for Postage paid postage calculator

Without all the reasons what may or may not be I would like to know if other sellers have seen some major down turn lately

One outcome which would help sellers small shop owners and the national budget crisis!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Federal budget and Ebay new charges on postage shrinking business confidence

hat outcome would be the federal Goverment collect GST from all buyers on line over $50.00

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Federal budget and Ebay new charges on postage shrinking business confidence

hat outcome would be the federal Goverment collect GST from all buyers on line over $50.00

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

sorry elen, I don't understand the relation between the loss of business due to FVF and Budget and 'that outcome' which would consist in charging the GST on item over $50... Could you, please elaborate further? Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know about that, but they should be charging the chinese companys that sell thru Ebay AU.Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

My sales are average. And I find that buyers who want to purchase multiples and ask for combined postage before paying can have the best possible postage price available.

Of course, I wasn't sucked into the 'free' postage for everything con.

You obviously pay GST and want every other seller to have to to tilt the field to your advantage, but where are the $$ going to come from to pay for the staff to collect and administer thes $5 amounts?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ebay easily collect the fees on our sales, listings and postage, why not collect GST on sales made on their site like they do in US states? If a rise of the GST rate is on the cards, international sellers need to feel the picnch of the GST too so as to even up the playing field for local sellers.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

eBay don't pay GST, as you well know.

As far as the rest, it is well documented that the cost of collecting GST for low value items is far more than the GST that would be collected.

You know this, rama.

And OS sellers, US ones at least, have levelled up the field by using the GSP.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply