Filtering out China - Trade retaliation

I would like to see Ebay Sellers have to compulsorily have to list the Country of Origin of a Product. China has just blacklisted Barley imports & Beef from Australia due to the Australian government seeking an international investigation in Covid-19 origins in China. I want to retaliate against China, denying my trade to China in Ebay by  filtering out China Sellers and goods.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

In that case I suggest you

a) Contact eBay

b)Stop using eBay

c)Grow up

If is that important to you, then YOU investigate all items you want to buy

Don't forget to do it in all b&m stores too, for all items and cease using all goods you already have that were made in China

Unless of course you are simply a tantrum thorwing hypocrite 

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Due to the drought and bushfires, and consequent lack of animals, the price of beef was due to go through the roof. Maybe those suppliers will sell their beef to Australians, so we can get it at reasonable prices.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

Just don't buy from any accounts registered in China, many of us do exactly that.

No so much in retaliation but simply don't want rubbish products or need to wait 6 weeks before they arrive.

Not to mention not wanting to risk buying from accounts that lie and cheat.

image host
Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

@frankg2225 wrote:

I would like to see Ebay Sellers have to compulsorily have to list the Country of Origin of a Product. China has just blacklisted Barley imports & Beef from Australia due to the Australian government seeking an international investigation in Covid-19 origins in China. I want to retaliate against China, denying my trade to China in Ebay by  filtering out China Sellers and goods.

Are you not going to buy a new phone or computer? They are made in china. This will blow over, china relys on us more than we rely on them.

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

danieh, I won't say with any great certainty that China needs us more than we need them. At the moment there are red buttons being pushed in Canberra over China's ban on our barley and imports of beef in 4 of our abattoirs. We are selling our prime estates to them almost as soon or before they were advertised. It's about time we recognise who our friends are. Not the CCP. This is not a political forum anyway.
Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

You should do some research and not listen to the media, The things China's banning has nothing to do with our main exports. They didn't mention the things that are most imported like raw materials such as coal iron lithium uranium etc or things that are owned by Chinese like large farms and wineries in QLD and TAS

The things that were banned have bigger interest outside of china.
Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
You should do some research and not listen to the media, The things China's banning has nothing to do with our main exports. They didn't mention the things that are most imported like raw materials such as coal iron lithium uranium etc or things that are owned by Chinese like large farms and wineries in QLD and TAS

Things that are owned by Chinese shareholders including Kilcoy abbatoir

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

https://www.graincentral.com/markets/export/tariff-talk-stalls-australian-barley-sales-to-china/ 

China buys up to half of Australia's Barley exports. I have got 300 acres of Barley in the ground right now and was hoping it might make up a large proportion of my income / profit this year. Could have been pretty handy after sitting through drought recently with no income at all ( and no government wage subsidy payments to help either ).

Same with beef. China is one of Australia's main buyers of beef exports. The government wants to press a political point and the farmers just have to bend over and take one for team.

Not a problem ? well maybe not for you.

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Look around your house, look at the clothes you wear, look at all the Chinese products in your life now.  At a guess 90% will have a Made in China label.  With an average hourly wage cost of AUD5.20 why would any Australian business pay AUD19.50 for someone in this country to make anything ?

Imagine how much more your life would cost if China stopped exporting those 90% of products you have now.

Suggest you go and research economics and the global economy.

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply