Final value fees on shipping

When did they start charging final value fees on shipping? How do tehy get away with this? I make nothing on shipping.

~*~Karen~*~
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Do you think then I can go and get a refund for $????????? for getting charged $1.40 to send in a padded envelope instead of $1?

I was always charged large letter rate for a padded envelope

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Depends if it was more than 5mm (one fifth of an inch) thick.

The bubble would (hopefully) be thicker than that.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@northsidetrading wrote:

I don't do that.

I notice when sellers go cheap on postage and my item arrives damaged. An envelope will not protect what I'm selling.

They go in a small padded envelope, $1.00 and $2 postage (large letter rate) 

Large value combined orders get registration too.

Small bubble envelopes can be purchased from sellers on-line for 15c each.

Small bubble envelope - as long as it's under 20mm thick,  can be posted for $1

Up to 5mm is $1, between 5mm and 20mm is $2. If the item doesn't cause any bulge in the bubble bag, it can go through for the lower cost.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Yeah, you're right dave and tippy.  My bad

Small envelope - 5mm thick

Small bubble envelope fits through the 5mm slot - $1

Any thicker will now be $2

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

But technically, only flexible items are supposed to go as small letters - small items might be ok, it just depends on how likely it is the sorting machines could damage the contents (large [non-flexible] letters are sorted differently, so for more fragile items, even if they could meet a small letter's specs, it's safer to go as a large letter). 

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

The OP is selling enamel badges that go on a key chain....perfectly flat....and should be quite safe in a small bubble envelope for $1.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay are a bunch on con artists and tricksters ...welcome to reality ...that the way life is ....constantly getting violated by a bunch of thieves.... practically the same at the government... they just suck the life out of you.... theres no competition and their not answerable to anyone... Ebay is like a GOD.... cant wait till the Chinese take over with Alibaba and the next 40 thieves...still lesser thieves than Ebay cant make a dollar out of ebay unless you get your products for nothing...absolute scumbags

@northsidetrading wrote:

When did they start charging final value fees on shipping? How do tehy get away with this? I make nothing on shipping.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

you lay down with dogs; you get up with fleas .. this is what happens when the Australian government gets into bed with the american chamber of commerce ..

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

This has been happening for several years (at least 2 1/2, as that's how old this thread is) and you only just noticed?

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

This has been happening for several years (at least 2 1/2, as that's how old this thread is) and you only just noticed?

its been happening 2 and 1/2 years .. that is 2 1/2 years too long and shows what a pack of scum the ACCC really are .. they are meant to be there to protect australians from exactly this type of rorting!!!!

this aint going to go away just because you wantpeople not to discuss it any more .. this is a huge scam against the Australian population is what it is ..

here is what happened:

the ACCC and ebay (whilst in bed conjuring up other backroom deals) decided a fairer system would be to penalise the people who were doing the right thing (the vast majority of ebay sellers were abiding by ebay rules and not over-charging for postage .. in fact ebay also charges a fee on our handling charges too!!) .. the actual user agreement stated that ebay would penalise fee evaders but instead they penalised the people doing the RIGHT THING!!!

.. and all this government backflipping (ACCC) on an extremely important point of consumer law has actually create a precident where a corporation can collect fees for services it does not provide  .. it is a world first!! and was done courtesy of ACCC collusion with their American Chamber of Commerce pals .. spread the news far and wide! ..

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply