First time ever seller and I want to get it right from the get go

Hi all, so I only just got into the online shopping world and it took me a month or so of buying to learn how it all works but now i'm looking to start selling some stuff but i have no clue how to do this.

So could someone give me a walkthrough on how you sell something on ebay properly (listing items, payment methods and postage). I literally have no idea so I can be moulded into the perfect ebay seller if everyone helps me and who knows maybe you'll end up seeing something you like on my page someday. Thanking anyone for any input you have on this matter 

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: First time ever seller and I want to get it right from the get go

This one is really important.  Keeping communication simple, polite and helpful is key, even when the buyer is being rude or difficult.  Just stick to the plain facts and don't become distracted.  Many buyers are scared of ebay, so they can over-react.  Usually in real life they are just nice normal people.

Best of luck!

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Ashley-Photography-Australia

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

The thread is 3 years old. The OP never came back to see the replies and looking at their feedback, decided not to sell either (unless they used a different ID). It's unlikely they will see your reply. Not having a go at you, but old threads should remain buried because so much changes on eBay that quite often the information contained is very outdated. If a new person comes along and sees an old thread bumped up to the top, they may think the information is current, when in actual fact, the rules have changed 25 times.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

I suspect it is more about an excuse to post a link to their store. Which is unnecessary as it is available right next to their feedback and in 'view listings' right under that.

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply