First time seller, Russian buyer. ADVICE PLEASE

baker-5567
Community Member

Hello all,

Hoping the more experienced sellers can help me with this.

I'm a first time seller, and my listing has been up for a few weeks and no nibbles other than a Russian buyer. I originally listed the item as not shipping to Russia, but he has contacted me anyway.

He has all 0s for ratings, but his history prior to 2014 all seems positive (even though his profile says he's in the USA?). He has since "purchased" and asked me for an invoice.

I've read a few threads on here that warn against scammers in Russia claiming items aren't delivered (though most are 2014 or before..the situation may have improved). I've spoken with Ebay via online chat and they assure me that if I follow all procedures to the letter (tracking via Australia Post), that I will be protected by their policies if that eventuates.

My biggest concern is that as a first time seller, I won't get payment until the buyer has received the item, meaning that I have to pay for postage from my own pocket first and hope that it is a legit buyer. 

Any advice, assurances or warnings are appreciated.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: First time seller, Russian buyer. ADVICE PLEASE

Recently if it's Russian buyer there is high chance of unauthorised order. Tell buyer this your fact and if buyer willing to provide utility bill with see address and buyer provide buyer may be more likely be not fraudulent.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

OP has already cancelled, and blocked the buyer.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

HUH? WHAT? 

My head hurts.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

If it were me, I would not be communicating at all with someone whom is more than likely a scammer

To each their own

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply