For those who like to party, here's a guest for your list...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/283270458880

There's a good chance they'll bring you a gift wrapped in red-dotted wrapping paper!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

There are some presents one should never open...

Some individuals have mastered the art of using crimson comments as a weaponised request for a refund.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I need to make sure my half a dozen are always invited too.

Whats the best - show them as following or what?

Melina.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Yes I think following them is the easiest way to make others aware.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

This one contacted me wanting to purchase an item, but needed the payment terms adjusted. "Please check my feedback..." they said, so I did!

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Ah, but he's probably thinking he has a score of over 1000 and 100% positive feedback so he must be perfect & admittedly at first glance it could look that way.

I had an entertaining time reading his feedback for others. He does give positives but what would worry me is the number of revised feedbacks, which screams to me he has been bribed to change them.

The real puzzle for me is that recent feedback seems to have more negs than past FB. I'm not saying ebay is perfect, but I also think some people must have unrealistic expectations as I can't figure out how someone can make bad purchases so many times and in my opinion ebay has improved for buyers over the last few years.

My biggest laugh came though with his feedback as a seller, where a bidder made a factual comment that he bought an item off this person, only to find it had been sold elsewhere off ebay, and the reply he was given was-Go cry somewhere else you rude old man.

Good grief. Rude old man? Imagine if any seller had done that to him!!

A derogatory comment like that wouldn't encourage me to buy anything from him, put it that way.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Ah, but he's probably thinking he has a score of over 1000 and 100% positive feedback so he must be perfect & admittedly at first glance it could look that way.

I had an entertaining time reading his feedback for others. He does give positives but what would worry me is the number of revised feedbacks, which screams to me he has been bribed to change them.

The revised feedbacks are actually handy because they place a timestamp in the feedback flow that would otherwise go undated (once more than a year old). This person was *very* busy buying things in 2014/15, seemingly much of it for their boat judging by the sellers showing up.  If you've ever wondered how people afford boats, this is one method to bring the costs down!

The real puzzle for me is that recent feedback seems to have more negs than past FB. I'm not saying ebay is perfect, but I also think some people must have unrealistic expectations as I can't figure out how someone can make bad purchases so many times and in my opinion ebay has improved for buyers over the last few years.

No puzzle at all - this person is a straight-out nutter I'd say.  24 bid retractions in the last 12 months (possibly the limit of what's allowed over a year?), they're about due for their annual eBay user ID change, and is there a limit to the number/proportion of neg feedback a user can leave, because they've also started leaving false positives relatively recently?

My biggest laugh came though with his feedback as a seller, where a bidder made a factual comment that he bought an item off this person, only to find it had been sold elsewhere off ebay, and the reply he was given was-Go cry somewhere else you rude old man.

Yeah I noticed that - did you catch the corresponding feedback they left for the "rude old man" (another false positive) -

"WARNING--- WORST BUYER FILED DISPUTE NOT WARRANTED DO NOT DEAL WITH !"

Good grief. Rude old man? Imagine if any seller had done that to him!!

A derogatory comment like that wouldn't encourage me to buy anything from him, put it that way.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I think the rude old man was Santa Claus, and that may be bad news for the party goer.

No matter how many times he cleans out his chimney, Santa Claus has got him on a list and will not slide down that chimney. Mind you, I suppose the party goer may not be too upset over that, as I see he has perfected the "give myself a nice Christmas present" method.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I can't see how such a whinger could not understand why the buyer gave him a neg.

He himself gets mad if someone doesn't send fast enough or cancels an order or... anything, really.

I didn't get as far as working out what items this person was mainly buying but if it is for a boat then yes, he has perfected a method of bringing down the price, getting a bit of a discount.

I don't know if there is a limit on how many negs a buyer can give in a year but I think there probably should be, or at least a limit on how many different sellers can be given a neg. As a percentage of purchases, maybe. I cna understand if you bought a lot from one seller, you might have a dozen negs all in a row if they ripped you off and that should only count as negs to one seller.

But.. if a buyer negs about 50% of the different sellers, then something is not right & ebay isn't for them.

I suspect ebay doesn't care though as they still get a commission on the sale.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

This person was *very* busy buying things in 2014/15, seemingly much of it for their boat judging by the sellers showing up.  If you've ever wondered how people afford boats, this is one method to bring the costs down!

Going by his feedback, he's a very unlucky person.

I wouldn't go out in a boat with him.Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply