Funds On Hold ..

chebea8
Community Member

Sold an item on ebay.  The item was delivered. Positive feedback received but Paypal are still holding my funds. I have lost any trust in ebay. I understand that some steps need to be taken for security sake and I'm comfortable with that. The item was delivered, approved and with pos F/B. Any further sales I make will be paid by EFT next time. Can't trust ebay or paypal now.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Funds On Hold ..

RING Paypal and let them know that tracking shows the item has been delivered. Point them to the feedback. Have the tracking number available, as they'll need it to check the delivery status. Once they can see it says delivered, they should release your funds while you're on the phone.

Just remember to be polite to the person you speak to. Shame a poster in this thread couldn't be polite in their reply. It really makes all the difference.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Funds On Hold ..

You need to let Paypal/eBay know that the item has been delivered and feedback left then they will release your funds.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

So like all new sellers, as you are aware, you are subject to the 21 day hold on funds

Given the amount of money in question, it is hardly a surprise that after that one single transaction, they hold still indeed applies, one positive feedback or not

Have you contacted anyone to  point out the positive feedback and request an early release of funds?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

RING Paypal and let them know that tracking shows the item has been delivered. Point them to the feedback. Have the tracking number available, as they'll need it to check the delivery status. Once they can see it says delivered, they should release your funds while you're on the phone.

Just remember to be polite to the person you speak to. Shame a poster in this thread couldn't be polite in their reply. It really makes all the difference.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

Sorry you take issue with a factual reply 

We are all adults here , I am not going to 'sugar coat' things for people 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

I don't take issue with factual replies. I myself, only want factual replies. I also don't like anything sugar coated. You can give un sugar coated replies, that are factual, without being rude to the person you are replying to.

I have only been here a few weeks, yet I have noticed you are repeatedly rude to new members. There is no need for it. As you say, we are all adults, yet some of your replies to people are like what you'd expect in the school yard, not amongst gown ups. 

You may not intend to be rude, but a lot of your replies are. I'm sorry.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

As you spend more time on the boards, you will realise 'some' posters need to develop a thicker skin.

If you think sandy was rude, wow, you are going to get a real education on here LOL, sandy is a mallowpuff

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

I belong to a number of different message boards, and there are always those few that have to puff their chests out. It's a given unfortunately. I just don't think it's right that people should be rude to new members who come here asking for help. Company message boards are usually run by the company. It stands to reason that people assume it's the same for these message boards. There is nothing to say that they are not run by ebay.

I don't think Sandy means for her posts to sound abrupt, but at times they come across that way.

Me, I have a very thick skin already.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

Sorry, but I can not see what you consider to be rude in that reply.  Straight forward and factual,  Blunt, to the point, but rude?

If you think there is a problem with the reply, report it to the mods.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Funds On Hold ..

I missed the rude bit,  sounded fine to me.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply