Fussy buyers

Has anyone else had an influx of whinging buyers lately?

Just generally fussy, and picky about items.

I've had numerous buyers in the last few days, complaining about items they bought. Wanting to return earrings because "they don't feel right"... And then getting snarky because I can't accept returns on worn jewellery.

My favourite was a buyer who messaged asking to return an item, because they didn't feel a connection with the necklace?? Then left glowing feedback about it??

Some seem to be complaining just for sake of it.

I managed to get my first Neg and a Neutral in a matter of days. The neg was relatively justified though, the item was faulty, however the issue was sorted with the buyer 2 months ago, then one day they just felt like leaving a neg. It wasn't rude or unnecessary so I accept their choice in leaving me a red dot.

Maybe it's just me I don't know.

Something in the water maybe. Winter blues?? Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fussy buyers

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

My favourite was a buyer who messaged asking to return an item, because they didn't feel a connection with the necklace?? Then left glowing feedback about it??

upside down owl.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Fussy buyers

Didn't feel a connection with the necklace? BAWAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry, but that is one of the funniest excuses I have heard in a long time. 

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

Don't apologise, I laughed for an hour after I read the message. Some of my products can attract special kinds of people. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

i just had a newby get up me and ask if im the Ebay police because i reported the sale as non payed,

i sent them a polite msg explaining about the 2 strike policy (thinking they might not know there are penalties for not paying)

they only have 4 feedbacks so i think they are going to be a real asset to Ebay lol they even had the nerve to say they are a good Ebayer, i wanted to say good Ebayers pay for there items but i thought i had better just take a deep breath instead lol i bet she leaves me a neg and all for a $3.50 sale 

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

I had a couple of non-payers last few weeks who appear to be eBay newbies. They're actually the hardest to get along with since they don't know eBay policies, nor do they care.

I had one who didn't pay, ignored a follow up message, then when I opened a unpaid item case, they decided to respond and proceeded to tell me they would report me. Not sure what for or to who. But it made them feel important. 

They got a strike in the end, tried to purchase again, and asked why they were blocked??

Some of them are just hilarious.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

Your products attract special kinds of people Smiley LOL Someone has to deal with them.

I got one bidding on 2 of my shirts & i see they got quite a habit of whinging about receiving creased clothing.I don't think we are going to get along.I ironed & wrapped the shirts today so will let it roll out of sheer morbid curiosity in the face of a dinging of stars.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

how the heck can you wrap and post a shirt without it arriving creased impossible!! 

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

Some of my special customers can fill a dull day with hilarity.

Not sure I would have ironed the shirts though. But I commend the effort. Cat LOL

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

I know! It's not possible & i giggled nervously 'cos folding isn't my most brilliant skill but i do try.I iron beforehand & hope for the best,knowing that other parcels will be thrown on them with A.P.

I id think about cancelling their bids just because they seem stoopid,will have a look at their ID again soon & hope they get outbid.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Fussy buyers

@pink-budgie wrote:

how the heck can you wrap and post a shirt without it arriving creased impossible!! 

You get the valet to pack it 😛

no connection with the item...hmmmm...surely the pics would have sent the buyer some sort of vibes up front???

too funny 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply