Fussy buyers

Has anyone else had an influx of whinging buyers lately?

Just generally fussy, and picky about items.

I've had numerous buyers in the last few days, complaining about items they bought. Wanting to return earrings because "they don't feel right"... And then getting snarky because I can't accept returns on worn jewellery.

My favourite was a buyer who messaged asking to return an item, because they didn't feel a connection with the necklace?? Then left glowing feedback about it??

Some seem to be complaining just for sake of it.

I managed to get my first Neg and a Neutral in a matter of days. The neg was relatively justified though, the item was faulty, however the issue was sorted with the buyer 2 months ago, then one day they just felt like leaving a neg. It wasn't rude or unnecessary so I accept their choice in leaving me a red dot.

Maybe it's just me I don't know.

Something in the water maybe. Winter blues?? Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Fussy buyers

*amandajane*
Community Member

I had a buyer who was unjustifiably unhappy with something (they refused to send pictures and eventually Paypal settled in my favour) but the buyer was still able to leave negative feedback. In her last ranting message before doing so she said (and I dont have any reason to disbelieve her in this regard) .. "I wasnt going to leave negative feedback originally but ebay Customer support said I should".

Fortunately I managed to have it removed by the more understanding woman at Paypal who appreciated the buyer was in the wrong on the whole transaction and also found in my favour regards the not having to refund until fault was either proven with the item or the item was returned (the buyer refused to do either)

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

My favourite was a buyer who messaged asking to return an item, because they didn't feel a connection with the necklace?? Then left glowing feedback about it??

upside down owl.jpg

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

I had a buyer claim to not have received my pattern so I sent another which also didn't arrive, so I refunded her and a week later she emailed me asking for some clarification of one of the instructions in the pattern which didn't arrive.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Similar story...

Back when I used to resend items that didn't arrive, I had a buyer purchase something. It didn't arrive, so I resent it no questions asked. The replacement apparently didn't arrive, so I refunded the buyer.

Two weeks later, the buyer messaged me to tell me that I had sent the wrong size item and they wanted a refund immediately or they would put in a claim and leave negative feedback. I replied with, "Is it the first item I sent or the second one? The purchase that didn't arrive twice and you already received a refund for?"

I didn't hear from them after that, and they left positive feedback for the item they didn't receive twice and was the apparently the wrong size.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

I wouldn't mind some sort of system where if the buyer puts in a claim that is decided in the sellers favour, that they can't leave feedback, in the same way as they can't if they don't pay after a UPI.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

Hi there

yes I have as well, mine wanted her money back because the box had a slight tear in it. must be full moon at ebay lol

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

@ajarnjenny wrote:

I had a buyer claim to not have received my pattern so I sent another which also didn't arrive, so I refunded her and a week later she emailed me asking for some clarification of one of the instructions in the pattern which didn't arrive.

I had someone contact me about an item that wasn't received.

When I replied, I asked them to confirm that it was my package they hadn't received as they left feedback for the item already... (after responding that they'd made a mistake, 2 minutes later I received a message  from them complaining they didn't receive an item I never even sold them). 

A couple of weeks back, I received a message telling me my item was defective and requesting a replacement. The purchase was 2 months old, and the item is difficult, though not impossible, to be defective, as such, at least in the way they described. I was happy to help them out, though, so I sent them a postage-paid bag to return it so I could process the replacement.... still waiting. 

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

That says it all, doesn't it?

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS BUYERS COMPLAIN OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS WITH FRIVOLIOUS & MOST TIMES STUPID COMPLAINTS, THEY GET ITEM , HAPPY WITH ITEM & THEN LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK............EBAY FEEDBACK SYSTEM IS AN UTTER JOKE!!!!!

BUYERS AND ESPECIALLY EBAY ITS SELF NEED TO REALISE THAT WITHOUT US SELLLERS ON HERE OFFERING ITEMS THERE WOULD BE NO BUYERS ON EBAY AND EBAY WOULD SOON LOSE MILLIONS IN PROFITS THAT THEY MAKE EVERY YEAR OUT OF US SELLERS.

I BEEN DOING EBAY FOR PAST 13 YRS AS A HOBBY AND I HAVE SEEN SO MANY STUPID CHANGES AND SUCH THOUGHTS

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

Has anyone else had an influx of whinging buyers lately?

Just generally fussy, and picky about items.

I've had numerous buyers in the last few days, complaining about items they bought. Wanting to return earrings because "they don't feel right"... And then getting snarky because I can't accept returns on worn jewellery.

Some seem to be complaining just for sake of it.

I managed to get my first Neg and a Neutral in a matter of days. The neg was relatively justified though, the item was faulty, however the issue was sorted with the buyer 2 months ago, then one day they just felt like leaving a neg. It wasn't rude or unnecessary so I accept their choice in leaving me a red dot.

Maybe it's just me I don't know.

Something in the water maybe. Winter blues?? Smiley Tongue

BY BUYERS THAT THEY ARE GODS GIFT TO EBAY & WHAT THE BUYER SAYS GOES, WELL I AM HERE TO TELL EBAY BUYERS TO MAN UP AND I AINT TAKING ANY OF THERE **bleep** ANYMORE !!!!!!!!

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply