Unpaid item case

This morning I opened unpaid cases against an overseas buyer who won three items but ignored invoices plus messages.  The buyer has just emailed to say she will pay on Thursday.  Can someone tell me how cancel these cases as I feel she will pay. 
Any advice will be welcome.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Unpaid item case

I don't think you can.  I had a seller once from a b&m store who didn't reply to any emails to give invoice for freight - I couldn't pay without it - and opened a UPI case instead of sending me the invoice.  I was furious, but I had the store's phone number so I actually rang,  and he tried through ringing ebay to get it removed and was unable to.  Ebay actually gave me a courtesy call and said once I paid the UPI would not be recorded on my account.  

So anyway, once she pays the UPI case will be closed and she won't receive any strikes.  On the up side, if she doesn't pay, you're 2 days into the 4 days it takes to close a case and you can get your FVF back, relist, etc, and paste her ID on the Wall.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

@wilmajames123 wrote:

This morning I opened unpaid cases against an overseas buyer who won three items but ignored invoices plus messages.  The buyer has just emailed to say she will pay on Thursday.  Can someone tell me how cancel these cases as I feel she will pay. 
Any advice will be welcome.

Leave the case open and when she pays, it will close automatically. She will receive a message saying that the case is closed and no strike will be recorded against her account. You will also receive a message saying the case automatically closed because she paid.

Don't try and close it because she might not pay. If it doesn't close automatically, you can go into the resolution centre and tick yes, she has paid and it will then close.

I often have unpaid cases open against me when I'm buying a few things from sellers that might exceed their 7 or 14 day limit. I send them a message to let them know I'm still buying and they leave the case open for me. When I pay, it closes. SOmetimes it can take 10-15 minutes to get the email saying the case has closed after I've paid, so if your buyer is worrying, assure her that it will close and she will receive a message. She will also see it being closed in her purchase history for those items, after she has received the email.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

Many thanks for this info.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply