Geez, Aus Post

Just closed my SIXTH missing parcel case with Australia Post since April.

Two were burned up in a truck fire and the other 4 disappeared into thin blue air.

The last 2 cases were for items that were sent in envelopes as parcels.

Today I get an email from Aus Post saying that they would compensate me for the missing items, which is great, but in the text of the email it says that I should look at using pre-paid satchels INSTEAD of envelopes.

I mean, how will a pre-paid satchel stop an item going missing, I beg to ask??????

Some of the cases have been satchels, and some have been envelopes.

Honestly!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Geez, Aus Post

Yup I have had no end of missing untracked parcels and envelopes and have 2 open cases with oz post for missing 'satchels' and 1 for a missing BX1 

I also have a case open because several of my items were delivered back to me - no reason ...they went to perth mail center ...then disappeared for a couple of days then back through PMC and back to me. Not over sized / weight and correct stamps. 

Aust post is a disaster and should be put out of its misery ! 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Geez, Aus Post

I'm not Aust Posts favourite person at the moment.  After several years of putting up with late delivery of large envelopes to Melbourne, that I post on a Monday, I am now lodging complaints as soon as a buyer reports an item overdue.  I have lodged 7 complaints since the beginning of August, and all Aust Post says, is to use the tracked satchels.  Fortunately all of the 7 envelopes eventually arrived - 3 to 4 weeks after posting.  I did have one to western Sydney (again posted on a Monday) that was late at 2 weeks.  The buyer was understanding and was happy to wait another week, when I explained the Monday hoodoo.  After the 3rd week, I sent a replacement item.  On exactly the 4th week after the original posting, the buyer received the replacement AND the original.  She marked the original, Return To Sender, and re-posted it on Tuesday.  Now I live 400km south east of Adelaide and the re-posted item arrived in my mail box on Thursday.  UNBELIEVEABLE!!  Four weeks to get there and only 2 days to get back - and Aust Post keeps telling me they don't have a problem.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Geez, Aus Post

@cushioncovers wrote:

Just closed my SIXTH missing parcel case with Australia Post since April.

Two were burned up in a truck fire and the other 4 disappeared into thin blue air.

The last 2 cases were for items that were sent in envelopes as parcels.

Today I get an email from Aus Post saying that they would compensate me for the missing items, which is great, but in the text of the email it says that I should look at using pre-paid satchels INSTEAD of envelopes.

I mean, how will a pre-paid satchel stop an item going missing, I beg to ask??????

Some of the cases have been satchels, and some have been envelopes.

Honestly!

Were all the items tracked? It sounds as if they might be if they are willing to  pay compensation.

I have occasionally found Auspost are a bit slow to deliver in my area, although it has improved a lot in recent years.

But I have never found anything to go missing. (touch wood!)

A truck fire, I can understand that some people lost stuff.

But with untracked envelopes etc, I am a bit cynical & suspect some buyers try it on. I have never heard of so many lost things as I have here on ebay.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Geez, Aus Post

Hi Springy - yes they were thankfully all tracked which is why I was able to open a case for each of them and get compensation.

I've only had 1-2 untracked items not get delivered over the last few years, but by far the biggest problems have been with tracked items.

I think I was more irked by the insult to my intelligence that by using a pre-paid satchel it would somehow not go missing.

Pft.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Geez, Aus Post

They may have been saying that envelopes are more likely to get torn open and lose the contents. It's not true, of course, but they probably think it is.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Geez, Aus Post

@cushioncovers wrote:

Smiley LOL

AP do seem to like suggesting it was your choices that contributed to their non-service and that it should make you feel more grateful since they deigned to compensate you.

The best one I ever had was a registered large letter, which obviously includes SOD and $100 insurance, and when they sent the email to tell me they'd compensate for the $30 (total) loss, they suggested that next time I pay extra for insurance. It would be insulting if it wasn't so ridiculous Smiley LOL

If I could do impressions via email, I'd spend a lot of time responding to AP and eBay thusly:

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Geez, Aus Post

Poor Service + postage rises 😡👎🏼😡👎🏼😡👎🏼😡👎🏼

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply