Getting a refund returned

I recently sold an old iPod on eBay. After the buyer paid, I posted the iPod to them via Sendle. When the iPod arrived not by due date, I started an investigation with Sendle. After a few days, Sendle reported the item as lost, so I duly sent the buyer a refund. Then Sendle announced the item had been found and the buyer confirmed it had arrived. (This is the second time Sendle has messed me around and I recommend no-one use them. ) I’ve had a little communication with the buyer, but not much over the past few days; they now have the iPod and I’m out of pocket for no good reason.  Are there procedures for getting a refund returned? Has anyone else had this situation?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Getting a refund returned

Yes, I agree; tracking can sometimes be really hit and miss. At times it says 'in transit' on my AP Dashboard and then when you click into the parcel it was delivered days previously. Then I have a few parcels that were never 'delivered' in the eBay system or AP's system, which appears to happen in more rural areas when contractors may be used. Like you, most of the time, the buyer never reaches out, so I presume they did indeed receive their item. 

Only once did I have a buyer claim that 'tracking is showing not delivered', yes that is correct, not 'my parcel has not arrived'. I replied to say that on occasions the tracking may be delayed in updating in the system, which it subsequently did. So that was certainly a buyer trying it on.  

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Good news: the buyer got back in touch with me and returned the refund. Lesson learned: never use Sendle.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@maison_full wrote:

Good news: the buyer got back in touch with me and returned the refund. Lesson learned: never use Sendle.

That is fantastic news!!! I actually meant to put in my reply that your chances of getting the refund back was near zero. That is really awesome that you got an honest buyer. I'm so happy for you! What a fantastic outcome.

Don't use Sendle 😄 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply