Giving a negative feedback to repeat non payer . If you give the 4 days ebay sets you cant give fee

Why is it impossible to give negative feedback to constant none payers . Ebay also does nothing . It's disgracefull considering how much they make from good genuine sellers . And the service has just gone down hill since I joined . 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Giving a negative feedback to repeat non payer . If you give the 4 days ebay sets you cant give fee

If you cancel the transaction after the 4 days,  they get a strike,  and switched on sellers have thier settings to not allow transactions from people with a number of strikes.

And please don't leave false positives as you have done in the past,  it just shows as a green tick,  and makes the buyer look good.  Thats what positive means

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Sellers haven't been able to leave negs for several years. The reason is that in the past, some sellers abused the privilege. They gave a neg in retaliation if a buyer dared give a neg.

I daresay ebay was bombarded with complaints about it.

It wasn't just an occasional problem, it was a bit of a persistent problem.

However, ebay has provided you with a way to give non payers a strike. You can also block  serial non payers from buying from you.

The strike those buyers get will not be public. My belief is ebay doesn't want to upset them or do anything that would turn them off using the site.

I most definitely, if I were you, would refrain from giving any buyer a neg comment inside a positive green dot. Firstly, the buyer can get that removed if they contact ebay & secondly, you're just making the buyer look better. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Of course eBay do nothing if you do nothing

'report' the non payment after 4 days

Put them on your blocked list

eBay has only allowed positive feedback or no feedback since 2008

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It's been 15 or so years since you could give buyers negative feedback. It serves no purpose, even if you could. It certainly doesn't stop them buying. You wouldn't see their feedback until they bought. Too late then.

As mentioned, cancel the orders with the option buyer didn't pay, and make sure you have your buyer requirement blocks set to weed out the serial pests and stop them being able to buy from you.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Since you joined in 2016,  you have never been able to leave -FB for a buyer.  You must have missed that bit when you signed up, and as you apparently don,t know much about how to use ebay, and all the great benefits for sellers that have been introduced since you joined, maybe a refresher course is in order.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@scotfowle-1 wrote:

Why is it impossible to give negative feedback to constant none payers . Ebay also does nothing . It's disgracefull considering how much they make from good genuine sellers . And the service has just gone down hill since I joined . 

Why are worried about non payers?

You obviously regard not being paid as a positive experience.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@scotfowle-1 wrote:

And the service has just gone down hill since I joined . 

Interesting.  Are you blaming yourself,  you seem to think it was perfect before you joined.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply