Had my listing pulled

Apparently my genuine Lego Duplo Duck was taken down for misuse of brand name. I was also asked to change the category to building toys instead of Lego. It is a round tube containing the Lego which unless you turn it around will not be able to see the Lego symbol. I added photos of the entire label to the listing, including the part where it say Lego Duplo, so whoever reported me did so on a whim without flicking through all the photos and verifying the facts. Waiting for eBay to admit this was a mistake before I resist it again.

People please thoroughly inspect listings before reporting them!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Had my listing pulled

It may have been a competitor, or the bots may have picked it up. Did the main photo show the Lego symbol?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

draw their attention to this one:

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

When you are selling name branded products some of the original rights owners have to give you permission to sell on ebay.

If they are a member of the ebay VERO (Verified Rights Owner) program then this could be why your listing was pulled down.

Its up to you, the seller, to know if & who requires such licences.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Clarry, that would be for new items, surely

What if you bought Lego for your kids and they outgrew them?

Aren't you then allowed to sell them?

And that other listing is still there.   Where's the continuity?

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

clarry100,

When you are selling name branded products some of the original rights owners have to give you permission to sell on ebay.

Rubbish!

No one on this Earth can stop yopu from selling something that belongs to you as you would have bought it and paid money to the rights owners. That is why they made it to start with - to sell it!!!!

They have absolutely no control over what happens to  those items after they have been sold - I mean, there is a little thing called LAW standing in their way in dictating to people what they can & can't do with the items that they made and sold.

Same applies to a brand new items, with tags, in boxes, whatewer.

You buy it, for your personal reason you no longer want it - you sell it. End of story.

The only thing those bods are registered for is not to stop people selling the stuff on Ebay, or Mars for that matter - but to be able to complain if they spot a counterfit item with their name - and that is fair enough.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

eBay has apologized and asked me to relist, stating that I should put the lego icon in picture one. I just took some new photos so it's more clear. All good. Fast response on ebays part considering it's a Sunday.

Thanks for your comments.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

If they are a member of the ebay VERO (Verified Rights Owner) program then this could be why your listing was pulled down.

Its up to you, the seller, to know if & who requires such licences.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

jeepers if thats correct pretty much everything ive got listed would be removed.

only time ive had listings removed is when ive put in the decription the item is 'Like' another brand.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

Rubbish!

No one on this Earth can stop yopu from selling something that belongs to you as you would have bought it and paid money to the rights owners. That is why they made it to start with - to sell it!!!!

They have absolutely no control over what happens to  those items after they have been sold - I mean, there is a little thing called LAW standing in their way in dictating to people what they can & can't do with the items that they made and sold.

Same applies to a brand new items, with tags, in boxes, whatewer.

You buy it, for your personal reason you no longer want it - you sell it. End of story.

The only thing those bods are registered for is not to stop people selling the stuff on Ebay, or Mars for that matter - but to be able to complain if they spot a counterfit item with their name - and that is fair enough.

Sorry! But yes they can and do...

There have been numerous postings on these boards where a seller has listed a used brand name item (eg handbags, perfumes, shoes and the like) and the listing has been removed by ebay under the VERO program because the IP owner complained about it.

The seller then has to provide a certificate of authenticity before they will be allowed to relist the item. No matter the item is used or not.

It's not ALL IP owners who will do this and perhaps LEGO are not one. As our products are all hand made and unique to us we don't have to be concerned about this. But if you sell brand name products on ebay it behoves the seller to know and adhere to the licensing and IP requirements before they list it.

Last year the Disney company did a sweep thru ebay (mostly USA) removing their products where sellers had no licence to sell them.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Some brands you have to seek permission to become an authorised reseller of their new items (a lot of high end shoes and handbags come to mind), but in most cases, you are allowed to sell stuff you've bought and no longer want. Some brands will still be removed, even though they're second hand, if you don't have a receipt or certificate of authenticity.

Where some people come unstuck is, they'll list something like a bead for a bracelet and says it fits a Pandora bracelet or is like a Pandora bead. Big no no as you've found out.

Lego isn't on VeRO so the OP shouldn't have any issues relisting it.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply