Has Paypal increased their fees?

cq_tech
Community Member

I've just been to Paypal's site and while there, clicked on "Policy Updates - effective 12 February, 2015" and while I was aware that they'd altered their fee structure based on sales volume, I thought that their transaction fees were the same 2.6% + $0.30 for all eBay sales, but according to the chart below, the 2.6% only applies to domestic (i.e. local) sales, while cross-border transactions are charged at 3.6% + $0.30 and I'm curious to know if this has just been increased, or has it always been 1% more expensive?

paypal fees.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Has Paypal increased their fees?

I''m pretty sure its always been more expensive, but not sure by how much as I sell very little OS.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

It's been well over a year since I sold anything OS and I didn't think to check the rates at the time so you're probably right that they've always been a bit more expensive than the domestic rates.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I believe the domestic rate has increased lately to 2.8%
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It's always been an extra 1% for international (cross border) transactions.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

No, it increased from 2.4% to 2.6%, as seen in the table in the first post.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

O/S fees are actually a bit higher than stated.

They'll get you with the forex rates as well (usually 2 or 3 cents in the dollar lower than actual).

If you're going to dip you may as well double dip.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Hi CQ,

The previous rate of fees on Paypal for domestic sales was 2.4% +30c and 3.4%+30c for overseas sales. So the 1% extra for international sales has not changed. The previous rate had been in place for a long period of time so I suppose, like everything else, it was always going to increase eventually.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply