Has anyone else had trouble with people who buy and iPhone but then never pay?

Has anyone else had trouble with people who buy and iPhone but then never pay?  I have had this happen 3 times now.  To the point I will simply not relist it again.  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Certainly hope you opened unpaid item disputes each time, or you are going to be paying an awful lot in fees

Plus the fake bidders will get away with it scot free and do it to others (as they will not have gotten a strike against their account)

Non payers are very common

And a very good idea not to re-list again, one of the most popular items for non payers and scammers on eBay 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

yep - opened unpaid item. It is awful that they get away with it. Thanks for the response.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The last auction you got zero and one fb bidding.

Have you thought about offering 2nd chance offer to to the second highest bidder?

If you want to get rid of it, that is.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@sales_42day wrote:
yep - opened unpaid item. It is awful that they get away with it. Thanks for the response.

If you open and close an Unpaid Item case then the buyer has not come out of it scot free....they have a strike on their account.

More than one strike in a year and they will not be able to buy from any sellers with their blocks in place.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I listed an item for auction and had several bidders only to have a final bidder with zero history come over the top.  I messaged several times with no response. After 4 days I lodged an unpaid claim, then waited another 4 days or so before I could relist. Then exactly the same thing happened again. I should have put it on Gumtree.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Gumtree is not much better - you'll get as many no-shows there as non-payers on eBay auctions.

I stopped with auctions a long time ago - I only list with buy-it-now, and require immediate payment - problem solved.

For a common consumer item like an iPhone, bidders are never going to push the price up significantly higher than the average sell price, so there's little advantage to auctioning them, IMO.

And with BIN, someone who doesn't want to wait for an auction to end but wants to order and pay today, will then consider yours.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply