Has this defect policy guideline changed recently?

Has this been changed recently?

• An eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Buyer Protection case is ruled in the seller's favour.

Background - Buyer opens an item not received case against me today for an item purchased 5 days ago. Within about 30 minutes I get a message apologising saying it wasn't me, but the item in question was purchased from another seller that happened to be for the same amount. I don't know why I contacted CS about it, I guess to humour myself but they said

"Thanks for the information. You don't receive a strike for the case since the buyer cancelled it right away. It wasn't escalated and ruled in their favour so it doesn't affect your account."

I was of the impression any case opened was an unremovable defect previously?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

At the moment I don't think customer service have a damn idea about what does or does not give a defect. So mant different answers given depending on who you are talking to. 👎
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Buyer opened a case against me in Paypal 2 days ago. I just refunded the sale. Today the defect appeared. It 100% appears as a defect. Same when a buyer changed feedback they left you through a revision, the defect still stands (which defeats the entire definition of a feedback revision!)
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Painful 😞
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The Seller Performance Standards changed on Aug 20. Ebay announced the upcoming changes in the May Autumn Seller release.

Link below gives more details, re conditions under which defects will be removed.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defect-removal.html

It does happen. I've recently had a unfairly received defect removed, but I felt like I had to move heaven and earth to make it happen, despite the defect being totally undeserved.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply