Have your items ever ended up somewhere interesting?

In the past few months, I've sent a few orders (cushion covers) out which have landed up in some interesting places.

1) A BBC studio

2) A photo shoot in the US for a interior decor magazine

3) The Ringling Circus Museum in Florida (who knew there was such a thing!)

4) A couple in Canada who were who so taken with their visit to Australia that they made a model of the Opera House complete with Aboriginal paintings and lights as an addition to their headboard and wanted some of my Aboriginal cushion covers to match.

Where are some weird and wonderful places your items have gone to?

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Well, if you sell stamps, they go everywhere.Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

A Movie Props Department  -  Norway   (from memory)

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Some bolts to repair machinery in remote Alaska.

Or banknotes to Siberia. (Still in contact with the Russian guy)

image host
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

A Metallica poster to Ulan Bator, Mongolia.

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

I know that my voice was used in a Russian commercial, but I never heard the end product and have no details.

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

I once had an order in the middle east that was so remote the customer included Latitude and Longitude in the address.

Unfortunately, his local postal service must be lazy because they just sent it back to me.

I get plenty of sales to remote aboriginal communities too. Mostly computer games.

Does Burnum Burnum Jr count?

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

I sent a PS2 game to the main Telstra building in Adelaide, another PS2 game to Russia (NHL 03 I think it was), and also a vintage PC game (Spear of Destiny (aka Wolfenstein 3D), on the old big 5.25" floppies) to Sweden.
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

1)  Machinery components to the North Pole

2)  A book to Allen Jones ( I did a google search of the address and think it was probably the talking head )

3)  Some years ago a rare collectable to a famous American musician. I cant for the life of me remember who it was, but it was addressed to them via   their agent. 

4)  Sold bulk lots of new old stock electrical components ( 60 - 70 years old ) to buyers in China. ( selling coals to newcastle there ....Man Very Happy )

5)  A few items to small South African states that neither I nor the Post Office staff had ever heard of. 

6)  An ultra rare 24 page parts manual for an Australian racing version of of a Suzuki motor cycle. Only 20 of the bikes built. It was purchased within hours of listing by Suzuki in Japan for their collection / Records. 

7 ) A full set of instruction manuals on how to fly Boing 747,s to the Philipines

Spoiler
 I excluded middle Eastern Countries from purchasing that listing.....Man Wink

😎 A Set of blueprints for a 1960,s racing car went to the Manufacturers archives in England.

9) A set of new old stock sales brochures and owners books on a rare Australian built car ( The Zeta, made by a washing machine manufacturer....)  to the National Motor Museum. I delivered these in person and and took the family for a freebie tour of their collection. Had a lovely day out.

10)  I currently have a beautifull studio photo of a veteran car. On the back is an inscription stating that it was the first Government car in Australia. The official archives show the first record of a Government car as being a different make and a few years newer. I have had discussions with Comcar Archivists in Canberra and also taken the photo to the National motor museum. At this stage we hav'nt nailed what my photo is, but in the process, we have worked out that the official photo of the first Government car that is published in numerous books and government pamphlets etc. is not the same model car as in archive records, so an imposter. An interesting mystery.

11) A ram scull with horns from a rare ancient breed of mountain sheep went to a national theatre company for use in a witches scene of a play........Man Very Happy

12) I get quite a few, really nice items come through such as owners manuals for Ferraris and Lamboughinis and rare sales brochures for 1800,s horse drawn Australian farming equipment. etc. I dont keep any of it, ( too expensive to keep ) but its nice to have it to hold for a short while. This stuff usually goes to overseas collectors who are willing to pay the high prices.

You never know when you will stumble across the next gem and the research, history and final destination of rare items keeps ebay interesting.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Just remembered another interesting one - 

Back in the days when I was still selIing antiques, I had a large number of antique New Zealand newspapers - I think about 50 of them, all from the 1800's.

The NZ National Library contacted me and bought all of them in one go.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply