121 REPLIES 121

Heads up. AUS POST just announced price changes

Yikes something else to upset the PO staff - confusion over pricing /weight of old satchels.  The change to having to type all in all details for US parcels - all address details - makes them irritated as it is

Message 91 of 122
Latest reply

At the end of the day, it's the counter staff who have to decipher all the 'rules'.  I have been lucky with our local Post Office, in 2 years not one staff member has weighed or measured a prepaid article handed over the counter.  I think they are grateful in one way, someone has already done their hard work. Scan - bin - done... 'Next in line please'.

Smile, build trust and that 520g parcel gets past the 'gate keeper' !

Message 92 of 122
Latest reply

Message 93 of 122
Latest reply

We always have been but you need proof of lodgement ie. receipt from over the counter or auto lodge machine.
Message 94 of 122
Latest reply

I have had no problems but it is because I use their satchels (not ebay) and I lodge them over the counter and get a receipt. The minute they see the lodgement receipt in the cases for missing parcels the process has been quick with no hassles and they send a cheque out. Learnt my lesson the hard way years ago when they lost one and I had to refund with no compensation.
Message 95 of 122
Latest reply

I'm a bit lost here - what are the two last posts replying to?  - and what does it have to do with the increase in postage prices?

Message 96 of 122
Latest reply

The new POST CHARGES book (30th September 2019) is out.....but there are a few corrections (not available on website until 30/09)

If using prepaid satchels, stock up if you can:

DSCN2800.JPGDSCN2800.JPG

Message 97 of 122
Latest reply

I thought the medium size (currently 1kg) were going to be $11.90 but it's got a different figure in your picture. Maybe I need to re-read it all. I've got a few 1kg satchels and won't need any for quite a while.
Message 98 of 122
Latest reply

I am sure they said they would be $12.20. Maybe that was own packaging.

Message 99 of 122
Latest reply

$12.20 for both satchel or own packaging

Message 100 of 122
Latest reply