Hello I'm from the Tax Office, I'm Here to Help You

gec2002
Community Member

Just got the latest email from eBay

"Update to our Seller Protections: We’re Here to Support You"

After I stopped laughing, and cleaned up the coffee I splattered over my desk, I got around to reading how we are all going to be saved from Bad Buyers (Yeah right!!)

"If a buyer falsely claims an item was not as described"

"If we determine the buyer made a false claim, we'll give you up to AU$9.00 back to help cover the return postage costs you paid"

This is a real improvement because we all know how eBay always takes the word of a Seller over a Buyer.  And, that postage is never more tha $9, and that "up to" = any refund from $0.01 to $9.  Also this is only after  "you have completed the return and issued a refund to the buyer."

"If an item is returned after it was used or damaged by the buyer"

"You can deduct up to 50% from the refund to recover the lost value of the item."

Not new and still a long way from full restitution.  And as above

"Note: If you don't refund the buyer and return tracking shows the item was delivered, eBay may automatically issue a full refund on your behalf."

Sorry feeling very cynical of large organisations at the moment.  In Melbourne were lockdown has just gone from 7 days to 14 days, and in 7 days will probably become a month.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Hello I'm from the Tax Office, I'm Here to Help You

You are obviously one of the few people to actually have read and to correctly interpret E-Bays double talk in their latest efforts to "enhance the selling experience"

My guess is that this is only the beginning of E-Bay "enhancing the selling experience", by putting their hand deeper in sellers pockets than ever before and with direct access to a sellers bank account, they can have a field day, making up/bending rules as they see fit, as already demonstrated in the above "Update to our Seller Protections: We’re Here to Support You".

The fine print is truly woeful and very worrying to any seller on this site.

Strangely enough, it seems E-Bay is starting to get somewhat worried; reminding me to sign up for managed payments with a $ 20.00 voucher here and a $ 100.00 voucher there, if I only sign up now and I'm not even a seller of note.

Makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes; perhaps sellers are not finding "managed payments" quite as exciting as E-Bay are trying to convince us or mostly themselves, or perhaps sellers are finally reading and understanding the fine print, after the initial shock of E-Bays threats of sabotage and removing listings if you don't comply by a certain date !

You have to ask yourself - " is this a company I want to be dealing with in the future" ?

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply