Help With Tax

Hello everyone,Im looking at doing my first ever tax return for my ebay business.I know I have left it a bit late,but have been in and out of hospital for the past month.Where do I even start with doing this tax ? If I was to go to get professional help,what information will they require ? Most of my items are dropshipped from china also,I really have no idea where to start.Has anyone else recently done their tax and could give me some info ?  thanks for reading

kat

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Help With Tax

Your best bet is to find a good accountant and put those questions to them. Don't panic about it - your accountant will be able to answer all your questions so providing you have records, it won't be too difficult.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You have been selling since 2008.  I would definitely advise a visit to an accountant if you have never done a tax return in that time.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

kat, as long as you have kept good records for money in, payments out to supplier/ post office etc. a good accountant will be able to do it all for you in no time.

he'll most likely want your bank and paypal statements

receipts  etc.

find an accountant, ask him just what he wants and go from there.

all ebayers have different requirementsl,  depends on if you have to add ebay income to other income such as group certificates for working, bank interests,  shares  etc.etc.  so no 2 sellers will have exactly the same requirements.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hello Everyone,thank you for your help and advice.I havent got some of the receipts for items that I purchased but for most I do.I will seek help and advice from an accountant asap.thanks for your time

kat

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Kat, today I did my tax for the first time. Its not as bad as you think. Get a good accountant. It only cost me today $120 to sort it all out, if you need more help contact me at {Private Information Removed}. not sure if I can leave my email address on here. Also if you live near the blacktown area I can give you my accountant that will sort it out in no time. kind regards Rose 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

This thread is over 7 months old and it's advisable to self report your post as publicly stating your Email address

could cause you all sorts of stirfe,(scammers love getting Email address that they know are "live")

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Rose has just found the boards....

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply