Help me please!!!

jj12172
Community Member

So a buyer couldn't pay for an item he bought, so it was no biggie since I already had opened a case for him not paying. Stupidly eBay make the "mark as paid" button the biggest button in the world and I misclicked it and hit it instead of the tiny button "close case" under it. So now, I have to pay $30 fees for an item that the buyer didn't pay for because I misclicked one button. How can I fix this? I can't open a new case because it automatically closed the first case. Gah!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Help me please!!!

Contact eBay by either Live Help or phone and see if they will allow you a final value fee refund if you explain what happened. It's worth a try. Use the links under Customer Support on the top right hand corner of any page.

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

I would phone ebay as you're more than likely to receive a cut and paste reply to an email, plus you should get an instant result:-)

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

jj12172
Community Member

Okay, all good! Called up eBay, they understood and fixed the issue. They're going to report the buyer, which I didn't really want to do, he seemed like a nice guy.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

" Stupidly eBay make the "mark as paid" button the biggest button in the world and I misclicked it and hit it instead of the tiny button "close case" under it. "

It's unbelievable that you can blame ebay for your own mistake.

TCT
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

good result jj, ebay always used to be helpful like this before they got so big.

deja vu it must be so hard to be perfect.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

It's similar to people who claim they've placed a bid or used BIN by mistake when they need to click on 2 buttons and yes it is difficult for me to appreciate sarcasm and insincerity.

TCT
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

Another case of criticism not taken well by the critical . . . hmn....

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

Youre not stupid love we sellers and buyers make mistakes sometimes by clicking on the wrong button glad you got it fixed !

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Help me please!!!

What a nice support group. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you drive through a red light is your fault or the traffic department's fault ?

TCT
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply