Help needed lost over 2k Never Selling Again

I sold a authentic Louis Vuitton Bag to the USA via EMS which had full tracking, SMS notification and signature on delivery I also included extra cover. Buyer receives parcel within  24 hrs puts in a not as described dispute stating I sent her a light weight woman's top. Buyer was scamming me escalated it to a claim and case was closed in buyers favour (a recurring problem on eBay it is not a safe trading environment). I lost the bag, postage as it was free and I have a debt in PayPal.  Not once did eBay look at the evidence as I have read many times the internet is flooded with sellers who have lost cases due to eBays money back guarantee policy. How should l proceed appeal the case? The buyer is a unregistered PayPal user (which would most likely mean they went through checkout and paid with credit card). I feel now the buyer was intending to do a chargeback if by a miracle the case was decided in my favour. Buyer is <Removed> and has 90% feedback which I didn't realise till after the claim. I know I should have looked into it and it most likely my fault but  eBay pride themselves on creating a safe trading environment and they don't do a thing.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Help needed lost over 2k Never Selling Again

I would suggest perhaps trying to get some proper legal advice in this case, there may be specific procedural avenues you can take, but I'd personally want to make as sure as possible that my appeals couldn't be shut down on any technicalities. (I'm thinking stat decs, any witness statements etc, photographic evidence, or even complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service, may need to be handled in a certain way). 

I know it won't help much, if at all, but I'm sorry this has happened - I get so angry when I see things like this and eBay needs to take some responsibility for their poor handling of cases like this. 

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Ebay should retire the so-called 'Seller Protection'. It's a load of hogwash.

In my 14 years of selling I've never once benefitted from it. However I've been on the receiving end of a lot of buyer protection cases.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

You say a load of hog wash well I say a load of hog **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply