Here's a good one

bjlcr
Community Member

I have a buyer I have dealt with before..He bid and won 2 items.He mailed and said he couldn't for  pay 2 weeks.Being a previous buyer I let him go.After 2 weeks I mailed him through Ebay and said, could he pay  soon so I could complete my November sales...With no word from him.I put in a cancel Transaction complaint on  ebay.He mailed and said he was having internet problems.But he would pay.o Ebay closed my complaint.Now 2 weeks later He made a no recieve complaint to Ebay..Ebay telsl me to respond within 4 days or they will refund his payment ( What payment } and I will have to pay them back...How can they refund a buyer or bidder any payment .When they have not made any payment ..There is no record of any payment from the bidder...since this I have contacted the buyer again .i have now recieved the payment via bank account and item now been posted..But the question still remain. With no record of any payment at the time of complaint.How can Ebay threaten to refund anything.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Here's a good one

he doesn't have a leg to stand on. There is no buyer protection for paying by direct deposit. As far as ebay/paypal are concerned no payment is recorded. I wouldn't mark it as paid in your ebay either.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Here's a good one

In future, always opt for a non payment dispute as opposed to a cancellation. That way once the dispute is closed they are blocked from completing the transaction and they also can't leave feedback. A cancellation and they can still leave feedback. Be prepared for a neg if he's in a bad mood and wants to pay you back.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply