Hi, Ebay & non payer question

Hi, I have eBay to contact non payers after 8 days. If they do contact my non payer, Do I get notice or email Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hi, Ebay & non payer question

eBay send an email to the buyer when the case is opened, but they do not do anything else and I suspect that if the buyer responded to or contacted eBay, you would not be notified - it's up to the buyer to make contact with you or pay, and if they don't, simply close the case after the four days is up.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The best way I have found is to send an invoice if they haven't paid after 24 hours. After 3 days I send an email to the buyer to ask if they would like to complete the transaction.

If they don't respond and haven't paid after 4 days, open an unpaid case.

4 days after that you have the option of closing the case. Tick the 'payment not received box' and the case is then closed and you are credited your listing fee with the option of relisting the item for sale.

I don't even bother trying to chase the buyer any more than that. You have played by ebay's rules and the unpaid buyer doesn't have a case to come back at you.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Absolutely identical to the way we handle these things.

And we have our blocks in place to block buyers with 2 or more unpiad item strikes in 12-months as well.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

My question is why don't these "buyers" have a case to answer for? We as sellers should be allowed to leave them negative feedback for non payment of items. We get at least 2 a month and it is extremely frustrating.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@hobby_cds wrote:

My question is why don't these "buyers" have a case to answer for? We as sellers should be allowed to leave them negative feedback for non payment of items. We get at least 2 a month and it is extremely frustrating.

They do have a case to answer for if sellers take time to open an NPD, if they don't pay they get a strike - 2 of those in 12 months and they're banned from bidding on sellers listings who have their blocks in place.

"Sellers Negs" ...................... done to death on the forums, they don't work and won't come back..........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

On a somewhat related note, I was reading another commerce site's community forum last night, and it was mentioned they have a block that is optional, but if used, a seller can block buyers that have been blocked by X number of other sellers (i.e. sellers can block specific buyers, then have a global block affecting any other buyer who has been blocked personally by say 10 sellers). That concept had never occurred to me before, but I think it's almost genius. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

On a somewhat related note, I was reading another commerce site's community forum last night, and it was mentioned they have a block that is optional, but if used, a seller can block buyers that have been blocked by X number of other sellers (i.e. sellers can block specific buyers, then have a global block affecting any other buyer who has been blocked personally by say 10 sellers). That concept had never occurred to me before, but I think it's almost genius. 

Brilliant idea Digi, very quickly all the staff working on NPB disputes could be transferred to the Techs department to help them out with fine-tuning the wonderful (already) working systems eBay has.....................original.gif

(heads to safe-room.................true.gif)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:

Brilliant idea Digi, 

I didn't read past that*, and I'm quoting it so I can read it again (genius by association). Smiley LOL

I doubt eBay will see the genius of it, though (I'm thinking more along the lines of it being highly effective against members who have buying behaviour more dangerous than frequent non-payment, eg serial neggers, chargeback-ers, feedback extortionists....and so on. Effectiveness is not a criterion for changes on eBay, though).

Spoiler
*That's a lie ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply