Holiday mode - how long to be invisible

I thought that putting a store in holiday mode and selecting "Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on holiday", would actually hide my listings, but after 24 hours all 600+ are still showing in my shop when checking on another browser.

Due to recent difficulties with visibility/sales,  I want to have the shop de-indexed via holiday mode and then I want to re-index the shop after everything has been removed from view. Hope that makes sense.

Anybody have an idea how long this process might take, or if you have a chance, can you tell me what quantity of items are showing up under my store name on your browsers.

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Holiday mode - how long to be invisible

Your store says you are away and when I try to purchase I can't.

In the listings it shows - This seller is currently away until 22 Sep, 2019, and isn't processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi there,

i just looked at your store and all products are still showing. There is a note stating you are away till end of Sept. (I missed the date)

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, same for us.

Not having used the hide listings function of holiday mode, we can't give you any suggestions as to duration.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It looks like ebay have changed the options - I can no longer see "hide my listings"

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

You're right Curraone - they must had changed it recently.

I moved house in July and had my store on holiday mode for a few days - I know that things were hidden as it took 2+ days to get everything showing again when I turned it off.

It does seem that now the listings remain visible regardless.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

If you really want to 'hide' your listings - go to myebay & activate the 'out of stock' option - then edit all your listings to '0' stock available.
The 'out of stock' listings will still renew for 3 months (I think) before being deleted by ebay.
You also won't lose your previous sales history.

To get them back when you want to resume selling - edit the listings to the required stock available - then change the 'out of stock' option back to NO. (you don't want to have sold items remain 'active' & rolling over for no reason.)

To find the Out of Stock option - go to myebay/Seller Account/Site preferences

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

When I went away for 7 weeks earlier this year, my store was in holiday mode and I had a message there, but although no one could buy my items, I kept getting offers for the first 2 weeks. After that it died down. I too assumed nobody could see my items and also that people might read my message saying I would not be able to post for 7-8 weeks, but both turned out to be incorrect. 😑
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply