How NOT to pay fees on postage?

Hi folks, your advice pls 🙂

A new one for us. Sold three items all plus postage, but buyer is local and called and collected and paid cash, less postage.

How do I ensure postage is not taken into consideration with eBay fees please?

Many thanks,

Melina.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fees are only charged on postage if / when the buyer completes checkout, regardless of the payment method - best way from here is to send a new invoice (presuming they haven't completed checkout) but remove all postage options and just switch it to local pick-up at $0 - screen-shot so it's easier to locate in the dropdown menu via the send invoice page:

pick up.png

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

With this one I send the buyer an invoice minus the postage cost before they pay if they wish to collect.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Fees are only charged on postage if / when the buyer completes checkout, regardless of the payment method - best way from here is to send a new invoice (presuming they haven't completed checkout) but remove all postage options and just switch it to local pick-up at $0 - screen-shot so it's easier to locate in the dropdown menu via the send invoice page:

pick up.png

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you, thank you good people 🙂

I think I’ve blown it with this one, but not sheep stations. Wise in future.

Many thanks 🙂

Mel.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Contact eBay via Chat or phone, and let them know the items were picked up and could they please credit any postage fees charged.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply