How Rude

This has come up on other like forums and opinion is divided. We've never, before now, had an issue with it. Basically I keep in close contact with our customers in this order, briefly .... thank them for their purchase and advise when it will be shipped (same day usually); advise tracking number when done and finally when they leave nice feedback I thank them again for making the effort and wish them well. There is no solicitation for further orders, or anything like that. I couldn't do that. It's just a very quick thank you message.

It has always worked to our advantage and we've formed some really nice seller/buyer relationships.

Mail received overnight after thanking someone for their feedback (and it was lovely feedback), some 4 weeks ago, "You've made your sale and made your money, now **bleep** off."

I am truly shocked and bothered by it. It defies the original very nice feedback. I'm feeling I won't bother to thank customer's anymore. I'm not game respond and ask why the animosity.

Its hurtful. Why are some people so unkind?

Melina.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

How Rude

Sadly some people just think everyone else is as rude and up themselves as they are

You're a good egg, don't let nasty little people get you down Heart

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

That's really sad, sounds like you went took great care in how you treat your customers.  Don't let one person change you.  You said you made some good relationships through what you were doing.  It's just one person who probably treats everyone that way and probably doesn't have many friends as a result.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Don't take it personally as it's not directed at you.

Seems like someone just sick of marketing bombardment and have thought your message was that.

TVmr.grumpy.jpg

image host
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Just to clarify, is that 3 separate messages over the course of their purchase?

I'm not condoning the buyer's response, but I can kind of understand where it came from if your follow-up is continual from purchase to FB.

I'm not criticising that btw, as I used to send messages manually following purchases as well, but for some people it can feel intrusive because non-automated messages are more demanding of attention / response, so a good rule of thumb I found was thay if they didn't reply to the first message and indicate they appreciated the one on one attention, I wouldn't initiate contact again.
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Thanks everyone. You're right, it's just one person. I'm feeling better. Just sad.

But I think the good advice is, if they don't respond after the first, don't bother with any more. It's a totally different era and way of doing business today. I'm slowling starting to understand that some of the niceties and decorum of the past are exactly there - in the past! Sad really. 

I've just rejigged my initial message now, thanking for their purchase advising when it will be sent, and advising tracking will be uploaded to eBay. 

Thanks for your kind response.

Melina.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Also keep in mind, as well as your messages eBay send their emails at every stage also.

1. You have purchased....................now it's time to pay.

2. Your order is paid and confirmed.

3. Your order has been posted.

4. Leave feedback for the following purchases.

So with your 3 and eBay's 4, that's 7 emails for one transaction. Plus PayPal's one that makes 8.

image host
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

I can understand how it would be hurtful & the buyer should have just resisted the urge to reply at all.

The only thing I would add though is that i as a buyer would be quite surprised to get a thank you message a month after I had left feedback.

Personally I wouldn't send any messages to thank people for feedback. Someone else suggested just one message to thank them for their purchase & advise them their item was on its way. I'd go with that. One message is enough unless they respond or ask a question and there is a reason for a second message.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Sorry Springy, I didn't explain myself well. One of the reasons I was so surprised is that all of this  happened 4 weeks ago, just a couple of days under - that is,  feedback left and my thank you sent. It was only last night though, that I received the 'poff' mail.

hehe!! No, I don't leave it that long to speak with customers. I don't think we'd be around too long if I did.

Melina.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Just keep up your good work. You have great customer service skills so don't let one person get you down.
I'd be happy if my buyers would just leave feedback for me!! LOL
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply