need help with turbo lister

jaffajulie1974
Community Member

When I try to list some items from turbo lister I get the message that this item been deleted or you are not the seller. Only a few of my items can be listed. When I click on activity log I get the message listing designer is no longer available. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I understand that eBay are phasing out fancy listing designs, especially with active content which includes Shockwave videos and/or Javascript (JS).  They hope to have it all removed by 2017.

So if any of your items have these things, they need to be have them removed.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Try saving them as templates first (or items if that doesn't work) and then try to uplaod again.  I'm having success with most of my re-listings this way.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I know this isn't the solution you're looking for, but have you tried the ebay Sell page lately?

I was a Turbolister fan for almost a decade, due to the speed of multiple listings, and inventory control. I even self hosted all my photos on my own server.

One day I tried the selling page, and haven't looked at TL since. The templates serve as a great replacement, and now that hosted photos are free, they're a cinch to upload and let ebay do all the heavy lifting.

Seriously, give it a play. Do a single listing, save it as a template, and see if it works for you.

The single thing I miss is control of listings that expire. For instance I buy collections and break them down, so it might be six months later when I get an identical item. It's sold and expired, so I have to copy/paste the title in and add the photos again.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I can't always be home when I want to list items, and I prefer not to schedule them.

I store the next 120 days of listings in TL, and set the listings up at times that suit me. All I have to do is click 'upload' to upload them.

Horses for courses.

In regard to the OP, I don't use active content or templates, and I add ISBNs where they apply or 'Does not apply' when they don't. Works for me.

I also keep descriptions in a Notepad file (no extraneous formatting/code) and my pics on my computer. No way would I rely on eBay to have the only copies of those.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I use the eBay sell page quite often, but Ebay only keep your ended listings for 90 days, so Turbolister is a better option for ended listings over 90 days.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you so much, this works!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If you want to use something that lets you schedule, use unlimited photos etc, Seller Source book is great. It costs $8.99 per month but worth it, Very easy to use. You can also set up your own templates, relist items.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply