How Rude

This has come up on other like forums and opinion is divided. We've never, before now, had an issue with it. Basically I keep in close contact with our customers in this order, briefly .... thank them for their purchase and advise when it will be shipped (same day usually); advise tracking number when done and finally when they leave nice feedback I thank them again for making the effort and wish them well. There is no solicitation for further orders, or anything like that. I couldn't do that. It's just a very quick thank you message.

It has always worked to our advantage and we've formed some really nice seller/buyer relationships.

Mail received overnight after thanking someone for their feedback (and it was lovely feedback), some 4 weeks ago, "You've made your sale and made your money, now **bleep** off."

I am truly shocked and bothered by it. It defies the original very nice feedback. I'm feeling I won't bother to thank customer's anymore. I'm not game respond and ask why the animosity.

Its hurtful. Why are some people so unkind?

Melina.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

How Rude

BTW Melina, many thanks my little package arrived and I think you accidentally doubled my order. Smiley Wink

5 stars all the way. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

@clubesquire wrote:

Sorry Springy, I didn't explain myself well. One of the reasons I was so surprised is that all of this  happened 4 weeks ago, just a couple of days under - that is,  feedback left and my thank you sent. It was only last night though, that I received the 'poff' mail.

hehe!! No, I don't leave it that long to speak with customers. I don't think we'd be around too long if I did.

Melina.

I'm not often surprised but that has surprised me.Smiley Surprised

That someone would reply like that-almost a month after receiving your message. I've heard of people not wanting to be too hasty in their responses but that's ridiculous.

Sometimes on forums I've seen some really weird posts & been stumped as to what on earth could have triggered it & most times it has turned out the person has been drinking. Just saying.Smiley Wink

All the signs are there- too sozzled to even notice your message was a month old, grumpy like a bear with a sore head.

Don't let it worry you. At least it's turned out in the perfect order for you. Wonderful feedback, nasty private messages. Much better than the reverse.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Oh I've settled and actually had a bit of a chuckle this morning. After reading some of your responses I think he might be one of those that check email every so often and when he did, as you say, he was bombarded with both mine and eBay messages. I can understand. Or, he was sozzled - lucky him .... lol.

Hi Kopes. No, I think you overpaid. Naughty boy. Thank you for all - lovely.

All good now. I've had my glass of concrete.

Melina.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

I get jack of the quantity of emails generated by ebay purchases. I dont buy a lot, but I can imagine those that do buy a lot will get absolutely flooded and they probably get overwhelmingly sick of it. Odds are it wasn't just you that got this, they just had a hisssy fit and bulk replied to them all.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

I used to do the same but now to save from "bombarding" (as was once described to me) buyers with multiple emails, I put it all in the one email. Thank you for your purchase, tracking number' if you're happy please leave feedback....etc. Don't forget buyers will also get the automatic emails from eBay, on winning an auction, payment reminders, another once postage /tracking is imitated. 

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Rive also had buyers who mark low 1/2 stars for communication. So either way you can't win?

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Rive also had buyers who mark low 1/2 stars for communication. So either way you can't win?

This is why at the end of the day, sellers need to run certain aspects their businesses how they prefer to, regardless of the odd feedback here and there that it has upset someone in some way - there are some things where no matter what you do, it won't be in line with some people's preferences, so far better to do it the way you want and continue to attract the clientele that appreciates it, than try to do it every which way, or to constantly change practices when someone indicates they don't like something. 

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

I dont even read the ebay email messages, but the missus gets grumpy about having to delete them all ( unread ). Many people just want to buy stuff, have it sent in good time and move on. It is just an online financial transaction for most people. The ebay community thing died a long time ago.

I reply to all messages from customers and send a brief message if I have refunded part of a payment for combined post or other minor irregularities but thats it. I dont send any other messages and my communication stars never change from 4.9, so most buyers must be reasonably happy with that.

I dont get upset if sellers send me a message or two, or slip little notes in with their parcel. Everyone to their own, and I know some people like that sort of thing, but if I get a number of messages it can come across as a bit intense.

It probably depends a lot on your target market and type of people who buy your products. My customers are practicle, busy blokes who havnt got much time for little thankyou notes. If I was selling perfume or hand made jewellery, it might be completely different.

Like all things on ebay, you have to find what works best for you.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

I agree, the culture of Ebay in general these days is about exchanging money and getting/selling items. People seem to have forgotten that there is a fellow human at the other end of the transaction.

That definitely was an unnecessarily rude reply to the OP. OP, you just keep on being you. We need people like you who haven't forgotten that manners and being nice cost nothing and keep our world turning.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

How Rude

Ah! The mistakes one can make. 8 pieces of mail, as Kopes points out, it's too much.

Im a buyer too of course and have a habit, good or bad, of ignoring the automated eBay mail. But, I always respond to what I can see is seller mail.

I've amended things and I think, as someone pointed out, if they respond to your original mail it's an indication of a wish to be communicative, otherwise leave it alone. I'm sure now that the buyer has gone to the computer and copped it all at once. No wonder.

youve all helped again. Thank you.

Melina.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply