How can I invite eBayers to sell our product ?

tia_juib
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking for eBayer to sell our products in Australia. I'm in the hair care industry and have products that are sold to comsumers and businesses. eBay forum is the only place I know and I'm not sure if this space is the right place. I don't really want to go to expos' or product shows yet because I prefer to do my business online for now. Can anyone help ?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks digital*ghost, what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I guess I should look at adding my business details to online groups and directories first. At least it's listed and people who search in my category can see me and groups I join would know who I am. My website is online but I'll need to make it informative to potential buyers. This is the direction I was looking for, so thanks for your advice.

Also many thanks to other guys who also shared their thoughts. You guys are awesome ! Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

If you and the products are in Australia, why don't you sell them on ebay yourself.  That cuts out any middleman and also more cost effective for you.  Either way, there are many pitfalls with on line selling.  Make sure you do your homework in all areas.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for replying. That makes a lot of sense and it would definately be more cost effective. However, I am actually representing a few manufactures from overseas and I'm working on a business development type role where I look for online retailers to help distribute our products while we work on building our product range and providing marketing support. I feel that providing services locally would be better here, especially when it comes to shipping. 

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Try researching Trading Assistants.

http://auctionvalet.com.au/about/

image host
Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

@tia_juib wrote:

Hi, thanks for replying. That makes a lot of sense and it would definately be more cost effective. However, I am actually representing a few manufactures from overseas and I'm working on a business development type role where I look for online retailers to help distribute our products while we work on building our product range and providing marketing support. I feel that providing services locally would be better here, especially when it comes to shipping. 

sorry to say, but I think you will struggle to find members to sign up to sell your product.  

What you have briefly outlined sounds a little like pyramid marketing, where you sign up others to sell a product line and they do all the work and carry all the risk.  Are you intending to hold all the stock and ship out the product as others sell it? (a form of dropshipping)

eBay as a selling environment at the moment is tough.  Anyone you sign up would be subject to eBay MBG on the product line and they could end up out of pocket, especially with the new returns policies coming in. If returns are not offered then visibility on the site will be reduced.  There are other challenges, but I don't wish to discourage you completely.

My suggestion is to sell some of your product line yourself so you can show other members that there is a market for this/these products.  It will help you nail down a price point so that anyone contemplating signing up to your product line can do the maths and see if it will work for them.  It will give them confidence if they can see that you have enough faith in your products that you sell them yourself and get good feedback on them.

If you try to establish the product line through getting others to sell it then members may think that what you have sourced is bulk supply of quality knock-off product from China.

Good luck with your venture.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Hello, 

What are you wanting to sell. 

Kind regards 

J.H

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Read the original post.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Simple factual information. Try it

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for all your comments so far. I didnt' think I would get a response this quick. So this space might be a good place for me to start. If anyone has other forums they can recommend, I would really appreciate your help. In the mean time let me introduce myself.

Firstly, I sell womens products, at present I'm in the hair care industry primary working with hair colour with complementing products such as shampoo, conditioners, hair spa, hair coating etc. Our products are sold to everyday people and we also have salon quality products that are only sold to salon businesses. This is our main cash cow.

My role here is to establish a distribution arm in each state and help them build up their client base. I see e-commerce as the most efficient and cost effective business model and I've read success stories about online sellers that have started from selling online to expanding to their own brick and motar and are doing very well. This is the space that I'm hopeing to get into where I can play a role is helping someone grow their business. I like to be in partnership where we are building something together rather than treating it as a single transaction. I think repeat business is the way to go. I hope that clears up my position and product. 

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

your already on ebay...why not do it yourself....

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply