How do I print two labels for one payment

A buyer has bought two of my items and paid. They did not request combined shipping, but would have got the 5% eBay discount on both (I presume)   My dilemna.. Should I try to combine them into one parcel and give a refund for overpayment of postage, I would then need to add signature on delivery because of the combined cost of the items. I guess I would have to pay for that. OR, should I send them in separate parcels, and then how do I print out two separate postage labels for one payment.  OR, I guess as a last resort, I could just hand label them and pay at the post office.   Can anyone give me some advice, it would be very appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think combined shipping would be the norm these days on ebay if a buyer pays for things with one payment, unless it's specifically stated that items won't be combined, so if I bought two items and paid together I'd be extremely disappointed if they were sent separately (unless they were cheaper to send separately).

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If they were paid for separately, send them separately our you lose your seller protection (for what that's worth). If you send them together you run the risk of the buyer saying one wasn't there. If they were separate payments, then you should be able to print separate labels.

If you want to send them together, you can do that too if you like. Just print one label and then mark the other as posted. Upload the tracking number to the second item. Or, hand write the label, get a tracking number from the PO and upload that to both sales. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

tippy, it says it was paid for with one payment, which means tracking will apply to both items, which is why I'd send them together.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If they used a discount code, you won't be able to issue a partial refund, it will only let you do a full refund.

If they made one payment, I'd send one parcel, but in this case I'd include an upgrade of some sort, eg express post if viable. You could also include a cash refund in with the package, but if you had to refund via eBay for any reason, you'd need to refund the full amount.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If you were going to send them some cash, wouldn't you be better off to send them some money through paypal? Even though it wouldn't be through the original transaction (only if they used a voucher) there'd still be evidence of having sent it, and a note could be put on it to say 'refund of excess postage for xxx items, transaction number xxxx".
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585wrote:
tippy, it says it was paid for with one payment, which means tracking will apply to both items, which is why I'd send them together.

You're right. I misread the OP. 

When I've had that happen (usually lower feedback buyers who want to appear to be a good buyer), I normally just refund the difference through PayPal, or if they are over the other side of the country, I'll send express, or I'll add another item to their order around the value of the over payment. It depends on how many items they've bought. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply