How do I reply to this email?

I know I did everything correctly, as I've had problems in the dim distant past (with a resultant negative).

A case for non-payment was closed yesterday & I have already offered the item to the under-bidder after the case was finalized (not sure whether he/she is going to buy as yet).

This morn I got the following email from the original buyer - "Hi, apologies about this. I had a family emergency whereby I was unable to complete my ebay transactions.  Cheers, (given name)".  This email was in response to an email I sent on Aug 31 (I waited another 24 hours (after sending it) before issueing the NP dispute).  

It seems to be a statement not a query, so how do I reply to this email or not reply at all?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As the case has closed, you don't need to do anything (I wouldn't). The email doesn't seem to be asking to complete the transaction. Just procede with your second chance offer as per usual. If it were me, I'd also place the original non-paying buyer on my blocked bidders list - who needs time-wasters!

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I had a similar situation a while ago, and sent them a quick message back just saying thanks for getting in touch and letting me know. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I would do as DG did, send a message,

Thanks for letting me know but the item is offered to the under bidder.

If the item is not taken up by the under bidder, are you still wishing to purchase it?

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply