How do i become an ebay store?

e_stall
Community Member

I would like to become an ebay store not just be registered to buy and sell. How do i go about this? i cant seem to find any info on it.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Since you haven't sold anything in over a year you will be limited to how many listings you can put on eBay (10 I think), so it's probably pointless to be thinking of opening a store unless you have another selling account.

Also most sellers here will tell you that you need well over 100 listings and a good sell-through rate to make a store viable.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Padi, your listing limit doesn't drop if you haven't sold for awhile, you just got back on the 21 day hold thing. If the OP had a listing limit of 100 when they sold last, they will retain that limit. 

Depending on what the OP's limit is, I'd be holding off on opening a store. Some people think opening a store, that gives you 600 free listings, will increase your listing limit to 600. It doesn't. Unless an increase is requested, it will stay at what it is and slowly increase over coming months/years. That is also dependant on sales. The more sales, the more likely they are to increase your limit more quickly, without you having to ask for it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for that Tippy...................always learnin' here,,,,,,,,,,,original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It's highly unlikely that the OP would have any listing limits or payment holds because they registered back in 2002. On my two oldest IDs I've never had listing limits or payment holds, not even when I've only sold five or six items per year (last year and previous year).
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply