How do you make a complaint about eBay to eBay

glissell
Community Member

eBay sends me an email and it says I can advertise my first item free so OK up goes the add for my car and I find I get hit with a $10 charge then great news you’ve sold your item, well then I get hit with another $60 charge on a $700 dollar item. Firstly sending me an E-mail telling me my first item is free is FALSE ADVETISING, secondly $70 on a $700 item is outrageous and thirdly all these charges should come up on the screen when you are setting up the add so that you know what you are up for. This will be the first and last item I put up for sale on eBay; I will stick to Gum Tree.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How do you make a complaint about eBay to eBay

And another point to this, I see your feedback score is 36 and yet you have not left any feedback for anybody.
Is there a reason for that as well?
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your comment. Yes I did read the terms conditions before I confirmed the Add but it still does change the fact that I received an E-mail stating my first listing would be free, what the Add should have said is that your first listing is free but please check the terms and conditions as some items are excluded from this offer e.g. cars boats etc. As far as the $60 charge goes and I know you didn't comment on it but I saw no mention of it before completing the Add maybe they are right I might not have scrolled down far enough. Thanks again for your polite and helpful comments unlike some who feel the need to shout.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Can't see any shouting anywhere in this thread.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I really don't see what this has to do the issue I posted, if I choose not to leave feedback  that’s my business, if you want to make a comment  try making a positive one like how quickly I pay for my purchased items.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

We can't know that. ebay don't provide enough detail to know whether you pay immediately or 1 second before a NPB dispute is closed.

But we can know that if you buy from us there is no chance of you leaving feedback. Which could be a good thing, but doesn't enhance a seller's reputation if it would have been positive. The thing buyers can only get, but sellers sweat blood to obtain.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply