How do you report a seller who is selling pirate copies of DVDs

A certain seller is selling pirate copies of DVDs on eBay and has negative feedbacks to prove this. How can this be reported if at all?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How do you report a seller who is selling pirate copies of DVDs

Go to the "report item" on the RHS of the listing and go from there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

But the listing has been sold and deleted and only the negative FB to prove and the buyer's identity is not available.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

...........then report some of the seller's current listings, if they have any. You don't need to know the buyer's ID to report a seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

What's the point of people pirating DVDs in this day and age? They're worthless even when genuine, not even Cashies wants them. Most second hand places have genuine DVDs for $1 or $2 each and they still don't move. The only thing more worthless than DVDs are VHS videos, which come with a $9 surcharge online courtesy of Australia Post's 2cm letter rate limit.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
What's the point of people pirating DVDs in this day and age? They're worthless even when genuine, not even Cashies wants them. Most second hand places have genuine DVDs for $1 or $2 each and they still don't move. The only thing more worthless than DVDs are VHS videos, which come with a $9 surcharge online courtesy of Australia Post's 2cm letter rate limit.

I am not sure what is more worthless than old DVDs maybe old Video Games but certainly not VHS Tapes.  eBay US have sold Disney Movies "Mulan" and "Aladdin" for over $20000 each in the last few years.  If you had bothered to check ebay AU you would see several Tapes for over $1000 and one "Rare VHS Whitney Houston Live Official Opening Sanctuary Cove 1988 Australia" listed at $30000 with "Half the proceeds with be donated to Cancer Charity Fund"

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

WHAT???

Grandkids left me a cupboardful of VHS tapes - Aladdin and Mulan amongst them.

*runs to check the cupboard for the dozens of kid's VHS tapes.......................

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

lol...I've still got all mine, too
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Those would be pretty unique examples, in the main most VHS collections aren't worth much (if anything) at all (though, if anyone wants to offer me a few thousand for my old Chinatown Video collection on VHS, I'm prepared to negotiate Smiley LOL ). 

In general, cult classics that had limited runs, or have become rare but still highly sought (due to otherwise being unaccessible) is where the half-decent money is on a more consistent basis (and that usually holds true of all formats, no matter how old they are), as evidenced by the list of VHS tapes in sold / completed listings, sorted by highest price -you can see, for example, Nightmare on Elm Street collections and scores of other B, C and D-grade horror films yield ok money fairly consistently, Mulan etc.... does not (highest price acheived for a single Disney VHS tape is somewhere between $89 and $99 (can't be determined because it was sold as a best offer, original list price was $99, and just below that is a copy of Alice in Wonderland that sold for $89).

Horror is particularly suited to this type of trend as a lot of the low budget stuff wasn't exactly easy to get the first time around, and of the group that want them, there aren't any alternatives like streaming or more recent format editions. Plus, the scanlines and other quirks of VHS tapes kinda match and potentially enhance the genre nicely, the same is unlikely to be said for movies being purchased on the basis of pure nostalgia, which I suspect for Disney on VHS would wear off fast as those quirks would quickly become annoyances (I tried to watch one of my VHS tapes a few years back, couldn't get through a few minutes the quality was so bad, lol). 

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=vhs+tapes&_sacat=0&LH_...

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Good points d*g.

I don't have any of my old VHS tapes, but I imagine eyes accustomed to full HD would revolt at 4:3 24Hz PAL.

I'm lucky. I don't have a nostalgic bone in my body. My nostalgic tendons can find surcease streaming.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply